2P - Fallenstar Alternate

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Eagle_11

2P - Fallenstar Alternate

Post by Eagle_11 »

fallenstar_alternate.jpg
2p_Fallenstar_Redux.cfg
(14.11 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Dreadnough

Re: 2P - Fallenstar Alternate

Post by Dreadnough »

I don't like your change.

1. Adding lava/void instead of the lake will buff flying creatures and make fish basically useless. This will give a nice advantage to Knalgan and Undead and a huge one to Drake, while nerfing Rebells and Loyalists and even Northerner. At the moment only Northerner can not contest the lake, but at least they can see into it far enough to spot any danger. With your suggestion every flyer can stay quite close to the enemy villages and still only be seen by other flyers, threatening a total of 4 villages. I guess you can defend with only three well placed units, which is still one more than the current amount needed.

2. The addition of desert makes it even harder to change your attack route from the middle to the bottom. Sometimes this move can take an opponent by surprise, or at least threaten an additional village while attacking, which is harder on your version.

3. I don't like the fact that you moved the central villages next to mountains. In general it is a bad idea to place a village right next to a mountain. It should not matter that much for villages that are far in the back but it matters a lot one of the main attack targets. Most units have 60% defense on a mountain, dwarves even 70%, so that you have a quite easy way to recapture the village without getting to much damage in retaliation.

4. The fact that your villages are building a clean line allows for very easy defense. With only 7 units you can hold the whole fron and only one of those units is attackable by more than 2 units. The one in the village in the very top. Making this village the only valid attacking target.

5. The village on the top is just a little bit to much. In the current version you can use the top to flank the top village. With the additional village as an additional defending point flanks are not possible anymore.