World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ghype

Re: World Conquest II

Post by ghype »

playing latest update with no other mods.
visual bug probably caused by wc terrains mod since it was activated.

screenshot shows how custom terrain is layered with default village and looks weird.
me, as a host, only saw that. the other players did saw only the default village.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-06-03 16.43.32.png
Screenshot 2018-06-03 16.43.32.png (69.15 KiB) Viewed 8868 times
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hmm ho idea how that happend, do you have a savefile?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
ghype

Post by ghype »

here is the last turn and the replay.

just checked the image directory but couldn't find such a village as displayed in the screenshoot. but it doesnt seem to be default either.
I could image it could look really nice though if it would be displayed correctly.
Attachments
World Conquest II 3p - Start-Auto-Save13.gz
(196.87 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
World Conquest II 3p - Start replay.gz
(115.53 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hmm i also just see the default village when i load that save. Maybe its another addon? if other addons use images that have the same name as an image in mainline (or as an image in wc2 but that i less likeley since most of them are prefixed) the game might load those images instead, this would also explain why it didnt hapen to other players.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
ghype

Post by ghype »

I am positive I had no mods activated other then wc terrain.

however, I did some digging and found the image causing the bug. It comes from doofus Archaic_Resources at /images/terrain/bellows.
keeping in mind that I had no mods activated, it is very weird how this image was able to conflict with wc II.

I will re-direct this issue towards doofus thread. thanks anyway
Attachments
bellows.png
bellows.png (15.71 KiB) Viewed 8817 times
Saratos

Post by Saratos »

So, had a super frustrating bug tonight, so came on to post about it in hopes it might be fixed in the future.

Was having a 2P game, on the second map, took my point to find the "Adamant Armour" or whatever it's called, which says it gives 10% to all physical resistances and steadfast." I had picked up a fencer hero at the point in the first map, and thought he would be perfect for the armour. However, when I picked it up with him, he got steadfast, but his physical resistances remained at the usual -20% and -30%. Totally wasted the item aside from the extra arcane and cold res.

As you can imagine, this left me feeling a little irritation, nothing against anyone, I love the maps very much, just would love to see this remedied.

Thanks!
ghype

Post by ghype »

this error was supposed to be fixed. did you updated your wc?
if it was a saved game from before you updated it, then the bugfixes werent applied
Saratos

Post by Saratos »

ghype wrote: June 7th, 2018, 7:31 am this error was supposed to be fixed. did you updated your wc?
if it was a saved game from before you updated it, then the bugfixes werent applied
Oh ok, maybe I need to update. I downloaded the 1.14 version about 3 weeks ago, haven't updated again since then.

Also, another bug to mention: When you see the feeding artifact in the menu it says "feeding +3." However, today I had a game with it on a ghost and it was only giving me +1 each time I killed something. Is this a drainer limitation, or a bug?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

For the train issue it's probably an name id clash in the terrain codes

For the feeding issue: it's supposed to say feeding, +3hp,. That is it gives feeding and also increases your hp by 3 (once when the item is picked up)
ghype

Post by ghype »

gfgtdf wrote: June 7th, 2018, 10:38 am For the train issue it's probably an name id clash in the terrain codes
yes, I ended up deleting all BMR/archaic recources, since I dont use them any more. this should have fixed it
ghype

Post by ghype »

here is another "bug". i think there was something wrong with the epic trait. this orc assasine had 72xp to advance. was that a conscious change?
because compared to other units, it needed much more xp to advance as other lv2 units.

default settings were used and no external mods either.
Spoiler:
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

ghype wrote: June 7th, 2018, 11:21 am yes, I ended up deleting all BMR/archaic recources, since I dont use them any more. this should have fixed it
Ye it's be better to find a solution that works for oter users though, unfortuntely i dont know enough about terrain code to fix it quickly.
ghype wrote: June 8th, 2018, 7:37 am here is another "bug". i think there was something wrong with the epic trait. this orc assasine had 72xp to advance. was that a conscious change?
because compared to other units, it needed much more xp to advance as other lv2 units.

default settings were used and no external mods either.
Spoiler:
i changes the epic trait implementation to be more ompatible with other mods that might be used, but it seems like it doenst work they way it should, whta seems to happen is thhat: first the epic traits sets the appless to set the unit hp to 60, then the wc2 cusom x1.5 exp modier is aplied to set the hp to 90 then wesnoth 0.8 exp nodifer sets the hp to 72, still think about how to fix it.
ghype

Post by ghype »

gfgtdf wrote: May 31st, 2018, 8:02 pm - Alien eras can now be enaled without hanging core files. (put a file WC_II_CONFIG_ALLOW_ALIEN_ERAS in your addon-ons folder)
i am not exactly how that file should look like. should be .txt or .cfg?
should it be empty and having only title "WC_II_CONFIG_ALLOW_ALIEN_ERAS", or both?
Spoiler:
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

ghype wrote: June 8th, 2018, 4:31 pm
gfgtdf wrote: May 31st, 2018, 8:02 pm - Alien eras can now be enaled without hanging core files. (put a file WC_II_CONFIG_ALLOW_ALIEN_ERAS in your addon-ons folder)
i am not exactly how that file should look like. should be .txt or .cfg?
should it be empty and having only title "WC_II_CONFIG_ALLOW_ALIEN_ERAS", or both?
Spoiler:
it should not have any extension, unless your text editor hides file extensions your screenshot looks good, the content does not matter
ghype

Post by ghype »

gfgtdf wrote: June 8th, 2018, 5:07 pm it should not have any extension, unless your text editor hides file extensions your screenshot looks good, the content does not matter
are you sure thats all it has to be done? as shown in the screenshoot, it doesnt seem to be enough for me to work.

I had to go back into .cfg file and replace it with the old one. or basically deleting everything except these lines to make it work

#define WC_II_CONFIG_ALLOW_ALIEN_ERAS
yes #enddef