World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

harl

Re: World Conquest II

Post by harl »

Potential bug.

Units which have the full move on recruit or recall trait have thier moves refreshed when you recall another unit and you can therefore move them several times on that turn. This does cause oos for allies.

I play on the 1.10.6 server atm so you may have fixed this already.

Thanks for an interesting alternative to the original world conquest.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

harl wrote:Potential bug.

Units which have the full move on recruit or recall trait have thier moves refreshed when you recall another unit and you can therefore move them several times on that turn. This does cause oos for allies.

I play on the 1.10.6 server atm so you may have fixed this already.

Thanks for an interesting alternative to the original world conquest.
Thanks a lot for bug report; I have fixed it in version 0.6.2.2
Fix is only for BfW 1.12 as I abandoned 1.10 maintenance, sorry.
I hope you enjoy lot of improves to WC II when you play in 1.12 server :D
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I am looking for voluntaries to rewrite campaign plot. My English is "ok" for write menus, but not good for get "the right tone" in speechs.

I am not looking for an awesome history, just looking for an utlity tool that also has "atmosphere".
General guide for design:
- Main task of plot is utility. In scenarios 1 to 4 enemy leaders should have 1 message. In scenario 1 player leaders should have 1 message. Any other extra messages should be very reduced (just if very neccessary for atmosphere)
- Take into account variations for 1p and 2p when neccesary
- Do not use variations for different maps, that complicate future develepment.
- Rather than a complicate history that need read previous messages to be understood, I prefer a simple one that rather give right tone to campaign even just reading small pieces of plot.
- (just giving my opinion, not mandatory) Camapaign tone was accurate but not strong in WC. I think it should talk about war lords that have risen in power and are willing to conquer richer lands. What they face are not the good guys, they are probably controlling lands after the same kind of mercyless conquer players try to achieve.
- (not necessary, just a tip) Terrain decoration looks to mark some temp and space coordenates. Players look to start campaign in a cold latitude at end of Winter, travel to hot latitudes along Spring and Summer, and end campaign in warm latitudes at end of Autumn and Winter start.

If several good plots are submited, I will add all of them to be chosen randomly each game. However to not bloat translator work, I put a limit of 6 plots here.

Current plot to be taken as idea in file attached. Submision can be done by post in this thread of by pm to me.
Attachments
plot.cfg
(6.38 KiB) Downloaded 1244 times
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
we got an error when joining a game : unknown type, null. the last update from WC II.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Hello SatHyre, sorry for answer late, I have been in bed really sick for 3 days. What you describe looks a bug BfW 1.12 series have. When campaign load a new scenario, data are not loaded for observers, causing that bug. I guess it can even affect players that disconect and try to rejoin, as they are "observers" from BfW point of view. This bug can be solved with a save-reload from the host. Problem will arise again with each new scenario transition, so I recomend becomed used to save-reload at turn 1 every map from 2.
World Conquest II
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
it's not about reloading a saved game. the error appears when i (and other players) want to join a new game : a player create a game, when i join it, boom, error.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

SatHyre wrote:hello,
it's not about reloading a saved game. the error appears when i (and other players) want to join a new game : a player create a game, when i join it, boom, error.
Fixed in 0.6.3.2 (already uploaded)

Really thanks for your insistence in report this bug, as it was only possible to be detected in multiplayer server, it scaped to my tests before upload 0.6.3.1 And as I becomed quite sick since then, could not play games.

Edit: This version add new terrains to add on modification, so compatibility with older versions is broken. In other words, players with different version in WC II custom terrain will be told to miss such modification. I wish WML could give me a better way to manage version enhacements, sry :(
World Conquest II
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Version 0.6.4 uploaded

As I often have to break compatibility between versions for silly reasons, I gona attach in 1st post last outdated versions just in case a user updates and need previous one for a saved game. As I have saved all versions, any user can ask here for versions not posted.

With this version I think ends balace phase of buff weak factions. If any player becomed irritated for WC II era in earlier versions, I invite them to give it a new try. Weak factions can now spam several units, and factions still with irritating pairs are in fact the most powerfull ones.

Anyway, as I always said, test-balance in World Conquest is very time consuming, so work in progress.
World Conquest II
Xara

Post by Xara »

A bug:
The 2nd scenario(glacier and lake) for 2p is not observable. Observers get an OOS from the start, and the game is ended. Stucked at end scenario screen, can only see a green and a purple peasant on castle.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Xara wrote:A bug:
The 2nd scenario(glacier and lake) for 2p is not observable. Observers get an OOS from the start, and the game is ended. Stucked at end scenario screen, can only see a green and a purple peasant on castle.
There is a section in 1st post with known bugs where this one is described ;)
Can be solved with a simple save-reload.
It is a BfW bug, and will be solved in 1.12.2 thanks to a cool guy that did this bug report :geek:
World Conquest II
Xara

Post by Xara »

Sorry, didn't check the post carefully.

But observers can hardly ask gamers to SL.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Xara wrote:But observers can hardly ask gamers to SL.
You can whisper a player from lobby with "/m {nick} {message}" and ask for a reload. If players dont know you, you may be ignored, but in the case you got disconect in middle of a game, or players just want behave friendly, your request can be heared and attended.
World Conquest II
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I ttach a replay of last map where paso, jb and me got victory in version 0.6.4 level Nigmare with no save-reloads when rng involved. I lost replays of previous maps as were overwritten by my tests. I think can be interesting, because all us used different tactic adapting to our army and position: jb lost some stuff previous maps and had a weak army, so he turtled and defended in hope to be rescued; paso used the classical compact advance that darves performe so well; I used a classical drake play with several advance-full attack/ retreat-hit your back.

I think is also usefull to answer some coments about game I had from other players (I prefer post answer in forum, so more players can read my opinion without write it several times):
- About "X training is op", just mention none of us picked trainig this game (we found some in points). We still use to abuse from classic WC "overpowered heroes with lot of items". One of the main reasons I buffed trainings was to do them worth be found in points... and nerf item stacking (as players now found items less often)

- About players missing some Classic WC dinamics, I understand different tastes as long they are related to reality ;) As I know perfectly both campaigns code and have played both lot of times I know something I think they dont realize: While difficulty on Classic WC for first 4 maps was average, in last 2 maps it drops drastically to "Peasant level" (and I am talking about Nightmare). Players were facing weaker stuff and they reached last map with lot more of buffs and experencie provaided previous maps.

- About "5 maps feels short, I miss play 6 maps"... well, me too :| But I think replay proves with current power stacking curve, players reach map5 at the very limit of what AI can challenge. My opinion is more maps would need a huge rescaling redesign, equivalent to create a new campaign.
Attachments
World_Conquest_II_3p_-_Final..._replay.gz
(353.81 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
World Conquest II
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

less is more, teke :) 5 maps sounds like the perfect number for this anyways quite long campaign. I got a bit curious about WC again, perhaps you can tell me when ur on so we might meet sometime.
pe_em

Post by pe_em »

Hi tekelili

We played WC II with wingsfalcon & howwity.
At the start of the 2nd scenario it didn't give us the sides.
Save & Replay:
Attachments
World_Conquest_II_3p_-_Sce..._Tura_1.gz
save
(22.26 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
World_Conquest_II_3p_-_Sce..._powtórka.gz
replay
(13.44 KiB) Downloaded 254 times