Era of Four Moons balancing/replays

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Era of Four Moons balancing/replays

Post by Velensk »

I was thinking that rather than keep all the Era of Four Moon replays in the main development thread that they could be stored all by themselves and this seemed the place to put them. If this is incorrect this thread can be either moved or removed.

This can also be a place for people who are interested in testing to arrange matches or discuss balance.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Era of Four Moons balancing/replays

Post by Velensk »

To kind of show what I was thinking I decided to include this replay. I thought it was a rather exciting game. Obviously, you will need EoFM to watch.

Hopefully I won't be a part of most of the replays that are saved here. Discussion on balance at the end is encouraged.
Attachments
HighlandersVsSeaStates.gz
(67.2 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

a perfectly dynamic game to be viewed on meteor fallenstar lake. i found the mechanic equipment very hard to beat but the same could be said about my slowing and poisoning skills.
Attachments
2p_—_Fallenstar_Lake_replay.gz
RP 4 moons
(29.16 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Thanks for the replay.

I think that the Seastates do have a tough time with the galleys (not so much the ballista). It seems like their problem is that their best counter (the paddleships) are more expensive and just as situational. Do you think it's a problem to such an extent that it needs a strong fix?