A new MP maps

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Radar

A new MP maps

Post by Radar »

Hi all.

Some guy named Darks made a Multiplayer Map at our polish bfw-mp player forum. We've played a few games at this one and some players think that its moment to show this for the biggest society of wesnoth. Well, I don't know why he wouldn't write here own. I don't know why this map is called at add-ons "milites.pl" because the real name is "Isthmus Abez". But that all is really no matter. Please now try to play a few games on it and write here Your own opinion. Thx. If u have any question u can ask here I'll try to communicate with the author/authors of this map.

Discussion in Polish ( with authors)

Last edited by Radar on July 22nd, 2012, 10:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
milites.pl
Sometimes a single battle decides everything and sometimes, too, the slightest circumstance decides the issue of a battle. There is a moment in every battle at which the least manoeuvre is decisive and gives superiority, as one drop of water causes overflow.
Kamzor

Re: A new MP Isthmus Abez map

Post by Kamzor »

Hi Radar.

Well, map seems to be nice one, but I would prefer to change teleportation targets to the same-looking castles on the other side of the map, and remove rune effect to not let the opponent see that you used it now.
Radar

Post by Radar »

Thank You for Your opinion. They will working on it. And now map have a +2 bonus gold from villages, was bugged and was +1
Screen Added.
milites.pl
Sometimes a single battle decides everything and sometimes, too, the slightest circumstance decides the issue of a battle. There is a moment in every battle at which the least manoeuvre is decisive and gives superiority, as one drop of water causes overflow.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

This is a very interesting map. Looks fun.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Madlok

Post by Madlok »

I think 2 teleports would be enough (I would leave these ones on the islands). And this would solve problem with teleports confusion.
Quick bats are quick.
Radar

Post by Radar »

Yes, I think that Madlock have full right about those teleports. Author should remove 1 or both.
milites.pl
LordAssasino

Post by LordAssasino »

Played this map. It's great.
@ Madlok four teleports are a very good idea. If anyone thinks otherwise is wrong. After two teleports the player. Provides better part of a strategic element of the game. 8)
LordAssasino

Post by LordAssasino »

All well and nice but why only one map is in the package?
Maybe other players would like to also play other maps of teleportation, for the 3p, 4p.
I look forward :D to the next map :D
franz_mp

Post by franz_mp »

Soon the new version should come with a map for 4 players.
Water Age version 1.8.8,2 BfW 1.13.
LordAssasino

Post by LordAssasino »

That's great, but do not forget about your own interesting concept. Deviating from the standards Wesnoth :D
Radar

Post by Radar »

There is another 4p map named Soradoc Cross. Franz should say more about this map.

click for download
milites.pl
LordAssasino

Re: A new MP maps

Post by LordAssasino »

The map is very good, and teleports are also great :D
Map provides a lot of tactical possibilities, so you do not get bored, and provides many opportunities to play the game.
One word of thanks for the map and really positively surprised :D
franz_mp

Post by franz_mp »

Thank you very much. It's not only my thanks but also our friend Darksa. Map needs to be done and this is an alternative to cross Isar. You may emerge more multiplayer maps changing standards of Wesnoth. Enjoy the game.
Water Age version 1.8.8,2 BfW 1.13.
lipk

Post by lipk »

I really like these maps, but there're some things bugging me about them. There're too many different water types on the first one. I don't have any problem distinguishing shallow and deep water when they are of the same type, but when six different shades are enough to confuse me. On the second one, do those chasms have impassable overlay on them? They should have, drakes would be unbeatable on this map without that.
LordAssasino

Post by LordAssasino »

The dragons do not fly over the black area. Is the area in which you can not move the dragons, ghosts and other units. :wink: