Balancing (maybe)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yomar

Balancing (maybe)

Post by Yomar »

Hello I would like players opinion of the following.

I was wondering why only loyals don't have a standard unit with 60% of defence (if not 70%) on non castle or mountain hexes, I noticed that almost every faction has a such unit like dwarwes on hills (the poacher also get 60% def in forests), elves on forests, Orcs are a little exeption, but they are cheap and haave anyway the hills as favourite terrain because of the movement advantage, plus they have regen and poison thx to the assassin that gets 70% def and marksman plus the regenerative troll gets 60% def on mountains otherwise on many terrains he get low defense, saurians on many terrains like swamps, hills and forest, undeads on mushroom groves, so are Im right in saying that loy don't have a favourite terrain ? And can this be considered a tiny disadvantage ?

Point 2, are the archers balanced (i leave out elven archers because they cost 17gp) ?
they all cost the same (14gp), but anyone think that one of them is more powefull ?
(I know that factions are balanced and that it is not based on single units, this is just a couriosity)
here are the points.
Loy archer = hp:33 xp:39 sword blade: 4-2 bow pierce:6-3
Orcish archer = hp:32 xp:30 dagger blade:3-2 bow pierce:6-3 bow fire:7-2
Poacher = hp:32 xp:29 dagger blade:3-2 bow pierce:4-4 (60% def in forest)

Thx for any comment.
Beheld the origins of BFW.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
lipk

Re: Balancing (maybe)

Post by lipk »

I was wondering why only loyals don't have a standard unit with 60% of defence (if not 70%) on non castle or mountain hexes, I noticed that almost every faction has a such unit like dwarwes on hills (the poacher also get 60% def in forests), elves on forests, Orcs are a little exeption, but they are cheap and haave anyway the hills as favourite terrain because of the movement advantage, plus they have regen and poison thx to the assassin that gets 70% def and marksman plus the regenerative troll gets 60% def on mountains otherwise on many terrains he get low defense, saurians on many terrains like swamps, hills and forest, undeads on mushroom groves, so are Im right in saying that loy don't have a favourite terrain ? And can this be considered a tiny disadvantage ?
Yeah, it can be. It's probably made up for in a different area. For instance, the loyalists have the most weapon specials & abilities iirc. First strike for Spearman, charge for Horseman, magical attack for Mage and skirmisher for Fencer. That's a slight advantage balancing out a tiny disadvantage.
Yomar

Re: Balancing (maybe)

Post by Yomar »

Yeah, it can be. It's probably made up for in a different area. For instance, the loyalists have the most weapon specials & abilities iirc. First strike for Spearman, charge for Horseman, magical attack for Mage and skirmisher for Fencer. That's a slight advantage balancing out a tiny disadvantage.
True, interresting comment.
Beheld the origins of BFW.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟