Official new ladder thread

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kanzil

Re: Official new ladder thread

Post by Kanzil »

It would be nice if there was a comments box(for organising 2v2s), and maybe a list of people currently on line and in want of a game.
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

I think the old ladder has such a list but it is never used(certainly I never have anyway).

Not sure about the comment box either, if you're arranging in advance then forums/Pms are fine, if you're doing it on the spot then just asking in the lobby is simpler. You could always post a comment asking people on their profile too.
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

Hi there!

I have same problem with the site from time to time: it is hardto find it in google if i am using different computer. I have some recommendatoins if you decide to improve it:

1. tag "<title>Recent News - Ladder8</title>" of main page should be like this:
<title>Wesnoth - Ladder8, best players ranking</title> or some other words, but there should be word "wesnoth" anyway.

This is very simpe task to do but will help people find our ladder printing in google: wesnoth ladder e.t.c

2. Make static main page and write there some information about wesnoth and ladder like main page of wesnoth.org. I thinkit should be better then Latest news for search engines.
I can do it, but have poor english ((

3. Domain name of site is very hard to remember and to give players in the lobby... It should be easier to remembeer and type like: wesnothladder8.com or wladder8.com
You can do redirect from this domain to that and will not lose anything.

This is only my opinion, you can use is or not ) But i think it will do site better to find new players.
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Hi guys,

L8 has been raised from the dead. There was a big code overhaul and many things changed. New domain is http://lddr.pl. Make sure to check out site news. Password recovery do not work for now but it will be up and running in a matter of days.

Cheers
Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

is the resurrection of L8 going to have everyone's records start at 0? I think it would be a good idea, TBH. And it would make it its own thing

edit:
Better rating synchronization with old ladder – if you report vs unregistered player/s and any of them are registered on old ladder their rating will be imported before score calculation (can still be set to default if network error will happen). Each time new player joins the ladder he has an option to directly import current rating value
I see this in the FAQ. I really don't think its a good idea. As the ladder admin of the long-standing ladder I'd prefer if you didn't use our players ratings in your ladder
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

lddr is down as provider/hosting did an epic fail. Hopefully it will return soon but its not rly not up to me right now.

As for the rating / sync thing: It is being discussed on new ladder right now and tbh I have no preference about it (cool with any approach). Lets wait a bit to see what ppl would prefer to have.
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

In case you were wondering whats going on. Well its annoying situation but its not up to me to fix things. Issue is worked out atm so fast as its possible. Im awaiting response for service provider but things do not go quite fast as you may have noticed...

Cheers
Q
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

It seems to be back online...
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Whats the story with l8? The link doesnt work for me, error 503.
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Its on hold. I can give you more details when we met in lobby (or via pm).

Cheers
Q