Official new ladder thread

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Quetzalcoatl

Re: Official new ladder thread

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Nah I was worried about stolen images that could be linked/pasted into comments, posts and the like. At times one can fail to find if somebody holds copyrights to them :P.
Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

SlowThinker wrote:
Quetzalcoatl wrote:Those features however remains hidden as they are avaiable only for registered players
I wonder whether this is a good marketing strategy :hmm:
not a big fan of this myself

its like kinda trying to force you to join something when you dont even know all the features yet for it to be worth to join or not ;)
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Not sure if its worth bothering but playing No Mirror is not possible anymore for a while. Check news section for details.

Cheers
Q
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Quetzalcoatl, how is going the concern of the ladder for Conquest Minus?
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Well Im insanely busy lately and because of that I do not have time to do any wesnoth related stuff. As for the separated ratings for different game types I was thinking a bit about it but to be honest I didnt came into any solution that would feel right to me as I would like to keep things simple. Maybe somebody have some idea for it. Anyways even if so I have quite a lot of other things to do so its rly hard to say when and how its going to happen :( (unless somebody is going to help).

Cheers
Q
chains

Post by chains »

I'm excited to see some interest in developing new features for the unofficial Wesnoth Ladder.

I am personally extremely open to adding Trueskill and another other features to the current ladder. In fact, if anyone is willing to assist in adding these features, I'm happy to share commit access, ladder data, and even server access to the current ladder.

Today, Rigor used his admin access to the ladder to announced that the ladder is shutting down. The ladder isn't shutting down and I've edited his post until I can figure out what the ladder council and community want to do with their ladder.

In my mind, forking is great. In fact, I'd love to see how the current ladder archive will hold up to the True Skill rankings... is anyone interested in adding True skill to the current ladder? It's a shame HeroKuapp is in Ruby, because that makes it harder for us to share features between the two ladders, but, if there are any Ruby/PHP programmers willing, there are lots of possibilities here to expand our current ladder offerings. Perhaps we could even integrate both ladders and provide the best experience to the community.
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Hi,

pls check LC forums. I made quite an epic post there.

Cheers
Q
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

LC forums?
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

LC stands for Ladder Council:
http://laddercouncil.proboards.com.

Those are forums of ladder community.

Cheers
Q
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

Just a question, but, having played ladder8 for quite a while now(and never having won a game on ladder8 1v1) I was wondering whether the 2v2 ladder is ever played, as 2v2 is my favourite way of playing(and by far my best), and yet it is very difficult to get good players on normal multiplayer. Therefore, like Neki, I was very excited at the prospect of a 2v2 ladder, yet it seems nobody plays it, or do I just miss all the games on it?
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

2v2 is always a bit harder to start than 1v1s. you justhave to arrange your games and probably plan ahead for a good 2v2 ladder experience. the first 2v2 was played already, it was spontaneously arranged in the lobby. gl finding ur opponents!
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

Yes, I just saw that one between Jason 1985, Mint, Saka and Suiren. However that spontaneous organisation doesn't happen much- maybe I'll try to organise one. Also, is Rigor's suggestion about being able to comment/issue challenges on the main page going to be implemented? It would make organising 2v2 games far easier, as then you could just issue a general challenge, and those who wished to play could take it up.
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

I believe 2vs2 would be way more populare again if there was a seperate rating for 2vs2 matches played.

Some players dont like their rating screwed by 2vs2.
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

I think I agree, as it also means that you can find out who the best 2v2 players are, as whilst normally the best 1v1 players are also the best 2v2, some have a preference for 2v2.
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

What to do if player don't confirm the game... I have two such games now and really don't know what to do...