Q: Looking for a few old maps (Map Request!!)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thinker

Q: Looking for a few old maps (Map Request!!)

Post by Thinker »

I'm looking for some older maps...

(1)
I believe it was an Auction/Survival map (Not Auction X)
There was a AI Elf Shyde at the top that sent waves of units down to attack.
Users must travel up the narrow path and reach check-points along the way...
Goal was to kill the shyde first.

(2)
An arena type map
1 User controlled the center and could create spawn units...
The other 3 users started at the bottom and try to capture/kill User #1
The map itself was a maze of castle, with terrain in center.
I also believe there was upgrade capability by right-clicking your unit.

(3)
Five Worlds Survival and Seven Worlds Survival - Is it coming to 1.10.0 ?

Anyone know of these, if they are compatible with 1.10.0, or any plans to port these ?
SlowThinker

Re: Q: Looking for a few old maps (Map Request!!)

Post by SlowThinker »

I think you can find all these addons here:
http://www.wesnoth.org/addons/1.6/

They are not ported to 1.10 unless they can be found here:
http://www.wesnoth.org/addons/1.9/

There is a tool called wmlint that converts addons automately:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24460
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Thinker wrote:I'm looking for some older maps...

(1)
I believe it was an Auction/Survival map (Not Auction X)
There was a AI Elf Shyde at the top that sent waves of units down to attack.
Users must travel up the narrow path and reach check-points along the way...
Goal was to kill the shyde first.
This was called the Great Race and has not been seen for a long time, not even in 1.8, sadly.
Thinker wrote: (2)
An arena type map
Some kind of Colosseum thing, the heroes get points to upgrade themselves, and the dungeon master gets to recruit better monsters as turns go, right? I'm not sure what the title is but it was fun :)
Thinker wrote: (3)
Five Worlds Survival and Seven Worlds Survival - Is it coming to 1.10.0 ?

Anyone know of these, if they are compatible with 1.10.0, or any plans to port these ?
Is this the one where they have teleport runes and you can teleport your armies to one of the different 'worlds', each with a different terrain theme ?
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Thinker wrote: (2)
An arena type map

Hey you mean Gladiators (advanced).
Original by Gambit, mod by mabuse (advanced) - the 1.8 port was done by somebody else and had some (minor) bugs

you are right, this one should also be ported to 1.10. will do it asap.

edit: Hi TCO :D
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Thinker

Post by Thinker »

@ Slow ... Hey those links are great, ty :P
I actually edit my own Wesnoth code for Single P campaigns; haven't created any MP stuff mainly because I'm lazy heh, I'll look further into the python conversion.

@TheChosenOne
ty, I believe those are the correct names. Yes, 5 Worlds Survival was a great map; there's 1 upgrade spot in the middle where every1 starts... then you could teleport to the 4 worlds with different terrain in each. Great strategy game, even with the lesser-known bug :P Seven worlds survival was a good one if you could get that many people to join...

@Mabuse
Nice, I didn't know you modded that one... glad to know since you should deserve credit for that; the map was great!. Haven't seen Gambit around for a while either... but then again, I mostly just troll the forums until I have something to say ;P
Kernigh

Post by Kernigh »

SlowThinker wrote:There is a tool called wmlint that converts addons automately:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24460
Some add-ons contain code that wmllint cannot convert.

I use wmllint to convert old add-ons. wmllint finds and fixes many problems, and saves much time, but I must do what wmllint does not. I must change {VARIABLE_OP x format y} to {VARIABLE x y}. I must change 1.6-style message markup to Pango markup.

Some old add-ons might, without changes, work with 1.10. Some old add-ons might not work with 1.10, until you run wmllint. Some old add-ons might not work with 1.10, until you run wmllint and also make some other fixes.
Thinker

Post by Thinker »

:: UPDATE ::

OK, I didn't have any luck with the older maps... Great Race and Gladiators won't load at all... 5 Worlds Survival loaded with major issues. Instead of my faction, it gave me 1 spearman in each world and the teleport hexes didn't work.

My System is:

Win Vista
ver. 1.10.1
Fullscreen
Python 2.7

What I did...

\wmllint --dryrun
\wmllint
\wmllint --clean
\wmlscope --unresolved

With correct paths/names/etc...
The tools worked and I ended up with the log files I specified...
Here's what my run log looks like...

# Wmlscope reporting on Wed Mar 07 15:30:19 2012
# Invocation: C:\MyDirectory\wesnoth\data\tools\wmlscope --unresolved C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\data\core C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad
# Working directory: C:\MyDirectory\Desktop
#Cross-reference time: 60 seconds
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\Gladiators advanced.cfg", line 10: Unresolved reference -> campaigns\Gladiatorsad\amaps\smallglad.map
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\critter.cfg", line 358: Unresolved reference -> units\saurians\soothsayer.png
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\critter.cfg", line 454: Unresolved reference -> units\drakes\gladiator.png
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\critter.cfg", line 918: Unresolved reference -> units\monsters\cavespider.png
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\items.cfg", line 330: Unresolved reference -> items\gold-coins-small.png.png
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\items.cfg", line 618: Unresolved reference -> items\potion-bomb.png
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 137: Unresolved reference -> halo\holy\white-mage-halo1.png
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 137: Unresolved reference -> halo\holy\white-mage-halo2.png
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 137: Unresolved reference -> halo\holy\white-mage-halo3.png
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 137: Unresolved reference -> halo\holy\white-mage-halo4.png
# Mismatched references:
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\items.cfg", line 296: macro G_CHEST_DEATH(X=numeric, Y=numeric, AMOUNT=numeric, KEYS=None, ID=name) has mismatches:
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\items.cfg", line 406: G_CHEST_DEATH($chest2_x, $chest2_y, $points_die_chest_2, $keys_die_chest_2, 2) with signature (X=None, Y=None, AMOUNT=None, KEYS=None, ID=numeric)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\items.cfg", line 451: G_CHEST_DEATH($chest3_x, $chest3_y, $points_die_chest_3, $keys_die_chest_3, 3) with signature (X=None, Y=None, AMOUNT=None, KEYS=None, ID=numeric)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\items.cfg", line 496: G_CHEST_DEATH($chest4_x, $chest4_y, $points_die_chest_4, $keys_die_chest_4, 4) with signature (X=None, Y=None, AMOUNT=None, KEYS=None, ID=numeric)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\Gladiators advanced.cfg", line 79: macro LOCATION(X=numeric, Y=numeric, NAME=name) has mismatches:
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\Gladiators advanced.cfg", line 337: LOCATION(24, 25, South East) with signature (X=numeric, Y=numeric, NAME=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\Gladiators advanced.cfg", line 338: LOCATION(4, 27, South West) with signature (X=numeric, Y=numeric, NAME=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\Gladiators advanced.cfg", line 339: LOCATION(25, 3, North East) with signature (X=numeric, Y=numeric, NAME=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\Gladiators advanced.cfg", line 340: LOCATION(5, 3, North West) with signature (X=numeric, Y=numeric, NAME=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\data\core\macros\utils.cfg", line 432: macro MENU_IMG_TXT(IMAGE=image, TEXT=string) has mismatches:
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 46: MENU_IMG_TXT(, ~<225,225,25>KEYS (done)) with signature (IMAGE=empty, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 53: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/ankh-necklace., An additional Key: 6 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 84: MENU_IMG_TXT(, ~<225,225,25>WEAPONS (done)) with signature (IMAGE=empty, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 91: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/bow-crystal., Energy Wave 7-4 ranged arcane: 12 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 207: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/flame-sword., Enchanted Sword 7-4 melee arcane: 12 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 298: MENU_IMG_TXT(, ~<225,225,25>ENHANCEMENTS (done)) with signature (IMAGE=empty, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 305: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/ball-green., An extra move: 12 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 340: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/sword., More melee damage: 6 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 376: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/dummy., More melee strikes: 18 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 412: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/bow., More range damage: 6 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 448: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/archery-target-right., More range strikes: 18 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 484: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/sword., Both damage: 9 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 519: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/archery-target-right., Both strikes: 27 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 554: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/armor-golden., 10 more hitpoints: 9 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 593: MENU_IMG_TXT(, ~<225,225,25>CONCEAL (done)) with signature (IMAGE=empty, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 600: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/cloak-green., Regeneration: 9 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 644: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/cloak-green., Skirmisher: 9 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 688: MENU_IMG_TXT(, ~<225,225,25>HEALING (done)) with signature (IMAGE=empty, TEXT=string)
"C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.1\userdata\data\add-ons\Gladiatorsad\amacros\upgrade.cfg", line 695: MENU_IMG_TXT(items/holy-water., Full Heal: 15 Points) with signature (IMAGE=name, TEXT=string)

I guess I don't know what to do from here.... any ideas?
Thinker

Post by Thinker »

>> BUMP >>

anyone have any luck porting these yet?
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

I can't help because I never used wmlint.
Maybe if nobody answers next week then you might post in the thread I linked above - those people might help in case they are subscribed to that thread.