New Idea For Multiplayer?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

iLeeT_PeeP

New Idea For Multiplayer?

Post by iLeeT_PeeP »

:idea:

"An heir to the king."

What about the possibility if aside from having a main "KING/QUEEN" unit you are also able to promote a "PRINCE/PRINCESS" unit in a multiplayer game which would be the heir to your king. This would add alot of excitement and a whole new dimension to the games gameplay! When your king is lost in battle... Your heir unit is automatically made the new king and you only get 1 chance at this. It would be like an insurance giving a player a second chance in the game if their king is slayed...

What if making it so that the FIRST UNIT A PLAYER RECRUITS BECOMES THE PRINCE/PRINCESS UNIT?

It would be like a KING/QUEEN crowning their son/daughter/loyal follower into a royal unit.

IT SOUNDS AMAZING TO ME.

Tell me what you all think of this idea...

You get the feel of a ROYAL FAMILY... ^_^

It would open the door to a whole new dimension of strategy.
Last edited by iLeeT_PeeP on February 13th, 2012, 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
My MaPs... PeeP's Maps
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: New Idea For Multiplayer?

Post by zookeeper »

Might feel a bit silly to have a Longbowman as a king who has a Merman Fighter as their heir, don't you think? Or a Rogue and an Ulfserker, or a White Mage and a Wose.
Heyub_CS

Post by Heyub_CS »

In my experience it is quite rare to get a level 3 unit in MP, maybe have the unit who gains level 3 be the "heir." Rather than getting it to start with, that way it is more of "next person in command" than "heir" which removes the oddity of a white mage having a wose as an heir.
Heyub, C.S.
iLeeT_PeeP

Post by iLeeT_PeeP »

Heyub_CS wrote:In my experience it is quite rare to get a level 3 unit in MP, maybe have the unit who gains level 3 be the "heir." Rather than getting it to start with, that way it is more of "next person in command" than "heir" which removes the oddity of a white mage having a wose as an heir.
That would be very interesting. :shock:

Have your first lvl 2 or lvl 3 unit become the heir. Another possibility...

I dont see anything wrong with a wose as the heir to a white mage.

It would be like a KING/QUEEN crowning their son/daughter/loyal follower into a royal unit.
My MaPs... PeeP's Maps
Raket

Post by Raket »

But not all leader units are neccesarily royal kings or queens, you could be a young traveler, a low-ranking commander, a thief, a barbarian, etc.
depending on what multiplayer map, era or scenario you're playing.
Not to mention that most non-human races don't have these royalty/heir rituals.
Orcs would fight eachother for the leader position.
And what about Undead?

It's a good idea for a custom loyalist campaign or mp scenario though, where it fits.
I remember a "Rumble" map having this.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

The idea does not require a heir, as it comes down to having a designated successor on the battlefield who will seize command after the death nof the commander, and there can be many ways how this successor can be designated in-universe.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

sounds fun. did you think about extended gameplay times? :mrgreen: