Alternate Era Version 2

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Black_Sword

Re: Alternate Era Version 2

Post by The_Black_Sword »

Hi Gallifax,

I had a quick look at the era, fixed the things that obviously broke it and uploaded to the add ons server. I haven't tested it so if something is not working you can let me know. If you wish to take over the management of the era, in case there are other changes you want to make, that's fine with me. It's not too difficult to figure out how to make changes by copying what was done for the previous units.

Regarding using it on ladder back in the day, I don't think it ever got the approval from Cackfiend, and IIRC I wanted to do a bit more testing before pushing for it.

Glad to hear things are going well in MP wesnoth, I still check back in the forums every once in a while, tournaments do tempt me to play a few games again. :)
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Hey TBS,

good to see you doing well:)

Thx for your work. Would be nice to see you come back, if only for the odd tournament game.

Propably won't have the time to do much with the era , but testing it as it is now. But I felt balance was better than now. If I can figure out I would like to see the grunt increased to 13 gold and see if something can be done with all the quick da.

I guessed why it wasn't used for ladder...

I did a quick test, seems to work, the only message is some invalid wml :"Terror follows a depricated format for it's description, using it's name as the first line."
Maboul

Post by Maboul »

Hi TBS,

I had a quick look on alternate era. That's already a nice job :)
I can spend some time to continue developing this era, I already fix minor bugs (wml errors and spearman animation - unit was blinking) in my local copy.
If you agree, I could push it to add-ons server (I'd rather update your era and not make yet another era...). I need the password and, ideally the _server.pbl you used.
If you can pm me all things I could need that would be awesome. :Awesome:

Btw, if you're tempted to play some casual games, I'll be glad to play a couple of games with you, maybe on the alternate era ;)

Maboul
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Thank you Maboul! Nice job.

Let's play some testgames:)

I would especially be interested how a 13 gold grunt would work, if it's to much or not.
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Thx for doing this 13 gold grunt. Might be too much, but I rather test this in practise then having some theoretical discussion about it. But I believ then the archer defenitely has to be 6-3.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

I completely agree with the 13 gold grunt.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Balancetest game attached. Also to look on some edit for Freelands.
Attachments
2p_—_The_Freelands_replay_gnidaol_Balancetest_Orcp1_dwp2_36t.gz
(58.58 KiB) Downloaded 310 times