Streaming wesnoth vai twitch.tv

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Huumy

Streaming wesnoth vai twitch.tv

Post by Huumy »

Today I set up a stream in twitch.tv/rasva_pallo.

I will be streaming mostly starcraft 2 (playing as protoss in platinum league atm).

But this weekends sunday evening starting 7pm (+2gmt) I will be streaming couple hours of wesnoth.
During this time I will be taking calls via skype and hopefully answering questions or having conversations with other wesnoth players. My skype account will be "rasva_pallo".

Ps. I don't have ANY experience setting up stream, I have no idea if the video/sound quality is good. I will be working on it as time goes on, and any feedback is welcome.

See you around.

I will let you guys know in advance in this thread when I stream wesnoth in future.

edit: topic should be Streaming wesnoth via (not vai) twitch.tv... anyway I don't know how to change it so if you, an admin are really bored and you have lot of spare time please change it. :) Thank you!
Last edited by Huumy on October 21st, 2011, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: Streaming wesnoth vai twitch.tv

Post by Gambit »

Sounds good. Can't wait.
neki

Post by neki »

It sounds good, Huumy! Will you participate in the http://www.brutalwesnoth.com tournament ? If not, how would you like to become an organizer and live cast let' say one game per week on your twitch.tv channel ? This sounds like a commitment but the time spent does not compare to the glory of being an organizer in the first ever Wesnoth International tournament with prizes :). More info about the expected prize pool on my channel ;) (signature)

Let me know,

neki
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

The streaming has started for tonight! Let's see how this goes... I'll be playing at 1.9.9 atleast the first game.

Edit: There wasn't enough ppl in 1.9 so I switched to 1.8 :)
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

For some reason my brain failed to take into account timezones. Guess I missed it by... a lot of hours. :shock: :(
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

I'm still having audio issues... after trying to find the solution for 3+ days, I've come to the conclusion that my realtek sound driver simply do not like usb microphones.

Tho I managed to up the microphone volume a lot it still sounds a bit weird (atleast in skype). Anyway next sunday at the same time (GMT+2) 7pm to 10pm I will be playing ladder matches or 1v1s vs good players.

Starting now I will be playing lot of starcraft during weeks usually from 4pm to 10pm (expect tuesdays). Feedback is welcome, I have no experience for setting up the stream so I'm getting the settings better as the time goes on.

I would love to hear how the sound and video quality is during starcraft2 games and does the stream have lag spikes or not.
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

Going live now! :D

http://www.twitch.tv/rasva_pallo

More edits :)

my motherboard don't go well with the usb microphone :) I can't have a "mic boost" option selected, so it seems the background noice is really loud :D... I'll be just playing music and responding to the chat until I get a new microphone :)

51th edit :) I got a new microphone haven't tested it yet I hope it works. Playing tonight same time as previous weeks 5-8 gmt.

Edit: :) actually the time is 5-8 GMT and 7-10 my local time (+2GMT) I just have been noob with the timezones.

13.11 no streaming today :) Going to bed earlier.
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

Going live now. With better resolution and new microphone! :)

I will gladly answer any questions from the stream chat.