1.2 addons

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glen

1.2 addons

Post by Glen »

I have been able to access all of the addons for all servers but 1.2 and 1.3 on battle for wesnoth
using the port 15003, 15005, etc. I have found addons on 1.2 from the website but it seems after
i download the file and put it in a text editor to update it its all different language and i cant change it
Is there any way i can access 1.2 addons?
DEATH_is_undead

Re: 1.2 addons

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

Glen wrote:I have been able to access all of the addons for all servers but 1.2 and 1.3 on battle for wesnoth
using the port 15003, 15005, etc. I have found addons on 1.2 from the website but it seems after
i download the file and put it in a text editor to update it its all different language and i cant change it
Is there any way i can access 1.2 addons?
This doesn't seem to be in a different language (from English). Depending on the addon your trying to get.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
Glen

Post by Glen »

i tried getting the undead of light and it was in something weird
i also tried getting wesnoth UNO it was in a different language
Glen

Post by Glen »

no right now it seems english download it then put it in a text editor
and it will be in a different language
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

Are you SURE you're unpacking the downloaded add-ons before opening them in a Text editor? I just downloaded the add-on "The undead of light" and I can confirm that it is indeed in English. There's nothing weird as far as I can see.

If you're still having problems please explain what you mean by "something weird" and which program you use to open the files.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

From the few beginning lines (In Uno for Wesnoth), it seems to be in a different language (from the variables), but the actual text and code is in English.

Please note that these addons will not work with current versions of Wesnoth. There was a HUGE change in terrain a while back, letting it add layers to the map. (Example - Lit)
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.