[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dunno

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by Dunno »

I'm gonna bring my vuvuzella with BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
sidzej

Post by sidzej »

grzywacz wrote:If it's ala World Cup, then there should be some bribery and group setup going on behind the scenes, too. :whistle:
Of course it is. This time we wanted to be sure to not be in round one sheduled with NoobLeavers. Hope that under the scene randomization crew will keep their word.
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

sidzej wrote:
grzywacz wrote:If it's ala World Cup, then there should be some bribery and group setup going on behind the scenes, too. :whistle:
Of course it is. This time we wanted to be sure to not be in round one sheduled with NoobLeavers. Hope that under the scene randomization crew will keep their word.
I'm sure they will have no problems keeping their promise this time. :P
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

As coder of ceremony, I think this is a good idea: so guys start to send me your money. I promise consider all your request just strictly in function of amount sent :geek:
Last edited by tekelili on August 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

sidzej wrote:
Do not worry, sid. On behalf of the TGT-crew i promise you that you will not fight Noob Leavers this time. However to maintain the tradition of CDeath facing the champions of the previous TGT in the first round, we arranged you to fight the RNG ^_^
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
sidzej

Post by sidzej »

alpha1 wrote:Do not worry, sid. On behalf of the TGT-crew i promise you that you will not fight Noob Leavers this time. However to maintain the tradition of CDeath facing the champions of the previous TGT in the first round, we arranged you to fight the RNG ^_^
We're not afraid, we're fighting against RNG in all our games. :D At dawn when skel archering the HIs, at dusk when spearing the ghuls, at midnight when skirming the skelies warriors and at day when batting the clashers. And especially in lobby hosting games and struggling for normal oponents that will not quit at turn 5. :wink:
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

*hint* *hint* NL aren't in this time, and RNG refers to neki+Dauntless... *hint* *hint* :P

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Crendgrim wrote:*hint* *hint* NL aren't in this time, and RNG refers to neki+Dauntless... *hint* *hint* :P

Crend
ROFL :D
Faello

Post by Faello »

grzywacz wrote:I'm sure they will have no problems keeping their promise this time. :P
Tbh, it's a shame grzywacz, you've made a great team with deekay - I still feel that open wound of getting eliminated by you twice in the previous TGT. No chance for the revange this time makes me a bit dissappointed :(
alpha1 wrote:Do not worry, sid. On behalf of the TGT-crew i promise you that you will not fight Noob Leavers this time. However to maintain the tradition of CDeath facing the champions of the previous TGT in the first round, we arranged you to fight the RNG ^_^
Considering the current system of randomisation, it's probable. 2nd Edition vets (teams with the players that advanced at least to the 2nd round in the previous TGT) won't face each other in the 1st round [@tgt newcomers: reason of this is to maintain a high quality of the tournament games], so games like CDeath vs R.N.G. or Tentacles vs R.N.G. in the 1st round are quite probable, but we had good sparing partners until now, so our opponents will have to sweat a bit to count on a victory :wink:
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
neki

Post by neki »

Tentacles, CDeath ?! Bring it on, whichever team may be! It will brutally fall for the amusement of the crowd, with "live" commentary from Brutalwesnoth Inc., of course :d
Darkkey

Post by Darkkey »

Hi. If you still accept teams to substitutes list, can you register
Tower cranes (Darkkey/py6aka, GMT+4, GMT+4)

Thanks.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Sure thing Darkkey,

Im adding you to the substitute list. :)
neki

Post by neki »

For those of you who missed the EPIC OFFICIAL DRAW of the TGT, you can watch it with live commentary at:

http://www.youtube.com/brutalwesnoth

in 5 minutes... aah, sorry, 4 minutes and counting :D

EDIT: next time you should include also the caster in the "END TURN TO RANDOMIZE" team, if you know what I mean. Otherwise it is almost impossible to keep up with the randomization process live!!! Anyways, god job for the organizers, this was just an improvement proposal for future editions!
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Ladies aaaand Gentleman.

The magical Friday has arrived and with it the majestic Opening Ceremony.
I would like to thank those who attended and especially to the TGT Crew and tekelili who made this all possible.

But now to the important...

Since the ceremony is over, we now know how fate decided to match teams up for The GRAND TAG! 3rd Edition.

So I bring you the TGT 3 Tournament tree and also oficially declare Round 1 as started.

Round one will last until the 11th of September. But do not hesitate. Some TGT games can be really epic and bloody and last for quite long. So do start contacting you ally and opponents as soon as possible and do try to play your games early to have a time reserve. All rules concerning the games are on page 1, Home team is the one shaded in darker blue in the Tournament tree.

Good luck to you all and may the light of Eloh shine upon your path.

Tournament tree:

(the Tree is not as nice as you know it from Faello, but can be edited as results start coming in )

I also attach the replay of the ceremony for those who didnt get to see it... :)

Good luck and may the best one win

For the TGT Crew

Dauntless
Attachments
TGT_CEREMONY.gz
(9.9 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
neki

Post by neki »

No thanks for our brutal live on duty reporter ?! :)

Nevertheless, if you haven't watched the ceremony live, you can visit

http://www.youtube.com/brutalwesnoth

for some live commentary on the event (upload is finished) or download Daunt's replay.

I highly liked tekelili's scenario and I think we should continue with it for the next tournament. But I do think we should include the caster, whichever that may be :), into the guys that hit end turn.

EDIT: Can you post this tournament tree on the first page ?