The Altaz Mariners (2p pirate RPG) now with French translation!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wussel

Re: The Altaz Mariners (the non-linear pirate campaign)

Post by Wussel »

Finally a real ship for Wesnoth. Is somebody still working on this one?

Read here:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 85#p587385
ship-test-transp.png
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Wow, this looks awesome! Are there plans to bring it to 1.12 or do I have to download an older version of the game? :)
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

You have to follow the link in the posting with the picture. I justed posted it here too, because this is actually a pirate campaign. Yes it is on 1.12 in a custom campaign by beetlenut. Follow the link.
Last edited by Wussel on July 17th, 2015, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

I actually meant the campaign of the thread I was posting in, not the ship, but I found a version of 10.4 to play this campaign and if I ever get the time I will check out beatlenaut´s too, since that one looks cool as well ;)

Is there any way to download old versions of Wesnoth directly from this page? I searched for some time, but I couldn´t find one.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

I actually did a ton of work on updating The Altaz Mariners, including a new content, but issues introduced by Wesnoth 1.12 means it is currently unplayable.

I reported the bugs back in December, but it seems they are still not fixed (see the bottom of this thread for a summary: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41252)

Wussel, I would love to use that ship image - if I may? Can you explain to me how to get it working in game?
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Bob! great to see you active. The boat is from beetlenut. I was just the guy who always said: a ship could be done. Beetlenut would be the guy to ask. Actually he said so in his thread already. But I am sure he loves credits.

The terrain coding is not very userfriendly right now. You have to paint exactly the form of the ship with 3 different floor types. Than there might be some code needed in the scenario. I would love to see that done in a more terrain type style. However it is an awesome ship and it works. Look at the campaign from beetlenut and you should find what is needed to get the ship working for you too.

I just tested it and it worked in the map editor for me. 3 floors from left to right. you need the exact shape. 1 hull, 3 reling patches, 1 sails. They show after 1 click. So it is easy to find the right field. Than there is the lower second floor. Click the exact shape and the picture will show. Just one patch for this. Any trouble please ask again.
Rosencrantz

Post by Rosencrantz »

Whiskeyjack wrote:Wow, this looks awesome! Are there plans to bring it to 1.12 or do I have to download an older version of the game? :)
I agree, however, I am curious if such a thing could be modified, mainly, based on ship type purchased/acquired. That image to me represents a Brigantine or maybe a standard Galleon. Perhaps in ship-to-ship fights we would see what I am saying shown best. Story: The Royals send one of their Man o' Wars to intercept Hugo and Largo (Marco was the one who betrayed them right?). The Man o' War stumbles upon them after an unexpected fog, far too close to risk a broadside with cannons, so, the Man o' War attempts to overpower the brothers and their crew (possibly a mix of good recalls and loyal recalls from the various islands that you fight on, such as the Saurians from the sand island mission where there are a lot of spices). The Man o' War would obviously be big, much bigger, than any Galleon, Sloop, or a Frigate, though not as big as a Ship of the Line. Schooners are another type of ship that the brothers could have (it is small and fast), and finally a Brigantine, a step-up from the Schooner, though still beneath a Galleon or Frigate.

CLARIFICATION OF PROJECTED SIZE/COST/COMPLEXITY OF SHIP TYPES IN ALTAZ MARINERS FROM WORST TO BEST: Sloop, Schooner, Brigantine, Galleon, Frigate, Man o' War, Ship of the Line
Note: It is intentional to say that the Frigate, which is actually supposed to be smaller than a Galleon, is more costly to get, because you cannot buy it, but could commandeer it; as well, it would be armed with better weapons than any galleon that could be bought. I would add more, but I do not want to give Bob too much to do. :lol:
Emperor Rosencrantz of Discordia, Chaos Clad in True Darkness

You have existed because I allow it, and you will end, because I demand it.
There can be no true Despair, without the poison of Hope.
hephoto

Post by hephoto »

Hi,

First of all, congratulation to this great campaign.

But I got trouble ...
- Where to find siren's blood ?
- How to find 2 books, I have only one for the upper side of the library
- What means 25=Z 14=Y on the Goal ?
- How to destroy the Morteau's lab ?

If somebody could help ...
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Hi hephoto,

It's been a few years so my memory is poor, but I'll try to answer.
Spoiler:
cheers
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
hephoto

Post by hephoto »

Hi,

Thanks.

I've founded how to destroy the lab.
Monsters I got ... before, so this coordinates founded after are just disturbing me.

Ok for the siren0s blood, I will forget it.

Just this missing book ...
hephoto

Post by hephoto »

Hello,

I do something wrong ... I updated m Ubuntu machine to 15.10 with Wesnoth 1.12 and this great compaign did not work anymore ... Is this normal ?
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

hephoto wrote:I do something wrong ... I updated m Ubuntu machine to 15.10 with Wesnoth 1.12 and this great compaign did not work anymore ... Is this normal ?
Unfortunately it never got ported due to a bug caused by new code in 1.12. The good news is that I've fixed it now and even added a few new bits. I'll probably release it again when 1.13 comes around. Sorry for the wait.
My current projects:
hephoto

Post by hephoto »

Hi,

no problem, I will wait :)

Thanks for your reply.
mikeanthony

Post by mikeanthony »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote:
hephoto wrote:I do something wrong ... I updated m Ubuntu machine to 15.10 with Wesnoth 1.12 and this great compaign did not work anymore ... Is this normal ?
Unfortunately it never got ported due to a bug caused by new code in 1.12. The good news is that I've fixed it now and even added a few new bits. I'll probably release it again when 1.13 comes around. Sorry for the wait.

Hello Bob, I've heard many good things about this campaign and would like to play it with a friend; what's the latest version of Wesnoth it was available for? I've tried 1.12.x and 1.13.x but it doesn't show on the server. How far back would I need to go?

Ta,

Mike
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Hi Mike.
The last version of Wesnoth it will work on is 1.10.x. However, I have actually been tinkering away on it ever since then, so the current (unreleased) version is much expanded. If you fancied trying the latest version I can send it to you if you PM me your email address. It might be a big buggy, but having someone playtest it would be really useful.
My current projects: