How to make Wesnoth perfect game

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SKAcz

How to make Wesnoth perfect game

Post by SKAcz »

Hi,
Wesnoth improved a lot from times when even time control was not part of game.
But still for easy playing on server few details missing.
Could be nice to see time control be described somewhere
(for example like "Time 180(600),120,3 which means u have 180s on start, max reserve 600, for move 120s, per action 3 )

Also could be nice to be able from game-waiting_on_players screen go by some button into all game parameters to see it, and the same in the game see it in some info, not only time control.

Another think is, that if zoomed out, its hard to see owner of unit (colored circles are very thin and colors sometimes very simmilar, dont mention they can be same), I guess could be not as hard for example in info panel show (when i go mouse over unit like now) or name of player or simply filling background of unit by owners color.

Also nice feature could be ready status (check box i am ready),
well creator of game can start game even if not all ready, but then lets message box him,
if he really wish, this can help when somebody wish simply only look inside game and then go.

I hope this will help improve wesnoth.

I tested again and looks in some games time control its somewhow showed and for some is not.
But not always is there all parameters like reserve i dont see.
Caphriel

Re: How to make Wesnoth perfect game

Post by Caphriel »

If you just want to look into a game and then leave, join as an observer. You can do that even while the game is still open in the lobby.
SKAcz

Re: How to make Wesnoth perfect game

Post by SKAcz »

Well its the solution, but peoples often logging and logout,
i guess its because dont know all about game and no chance read it in some description.