Rushed By Yetis

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Quetzalcoatl

Rushed By Yetis

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Ladies and gentlemen,

as you may know Im not in charge of maintaining RMP add-on anymore. Instead of doing that now I have my own random map add-on now called: Rushed By Yetis. I made some changes to it here and there but the main new feature is online mapset generator: http://rushedbyyetis.heroku.com (you need any modern web browser to be able to see that page properly (any means anything other that IE)). Here is full add-on README file: https://github.com/Quetzalcoatl/Rushed_ ... E.markdown. To be able to use it download Rushed By Yetis from add-on server, go to heroku page, select at least 5 maps and save generated file in data/add-ons/Rushed_By_Yetis/campaigns.

Cheers
Q
Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Rushed By Yetis

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Significant changes in 1.8.4 version:
- bundle includes 'no mirror' era that from now on works with mp campaigns (I fixed that bug, thx to tsr for making original 'no mirror' add-on)
- web generator supports sets that consists of two or more maps (instead of five+)

Cheers
Q
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

1.8.5 is out as I came to conclusion that there is a need for one more predefined set.
Classic: The Freelands, Weldyn Channel, Hamlets, Caves of the Basilisk, Den of Onis.

Cheers
Q
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

1.8.11 out. It includes few interface tweaks.

From now on before game starts info window is displayed. It includes list of maps available in given set (even for those generated using webgen). Also generated sets ids and names include version number of installed locally version of the add-on, so even if webgen were used you know what version player have. All of this required a bit of trickery so webgen and generated sets from now on works properly only with versions > 1.8.10. Its still possible that you will see no bugs using old ones but I'm letting you know in case of problems.

Cheers
Q
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

There's a problem with reloaded RBY games. Even though I have the addon I sometimes can't join a match with the No Mirror Era as an observer. The server tells me then:
"Attempt to observe a games that doesn't allow observers."
But observers are allowed. :hmm:
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

I tried to reproduce the problem but was unable to. Somebody also have this problem or can give more details? No Mirror is in fact just a prestart event :?.

Cheers
Q
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

15 is out.

I converted 1.9 onis and freelands to 1.8 format. Unfortunately doing same with fallenstar and sablestone requires to much messing around so I'm not going to do so :(. Changes aren't very significant however so I guess its not a big deal after all.

Cheers
Q
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

After last TGT edition, 2v2 comunity is trying test new mechanics and improve balance. A "no mirror inside team" era would be very desirable, and I guess you have already known of "how to". Could you include such era in your add on? It would be awesome :)
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
norrington

Post by norrington »

tekelili wrote:After last TGT edition, 2v2 comunity is trying test new mechanics and improve balance. A "no mirror inside team" era would be very desirable, and I guess you have already known of "how to". Could you include such era in your add on? It would be awesome :)
if you start 2vs2 with rby, there will be 4 different factions. what do you need else? there are still 360 combinations (different match-ups) left. :)

apart from that: is there anywhere a text, in which i can read which maps are in classic, conserative and so on?
also: can i read anywhere which maps are in my self-created map-packs or do i have to remember it?

/edit: i found it. :D
in the case anyone else needs a hint: it is in the scenario objectives! :whistle:
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

1.10.9 - "RNG haters edition" is out

No more Wesnoth's random variables. After reciving about 10 times in a row same map from pool of 20 i decided to switch to Lua math.random :P.
Non technical explanation: RBY does not user Wesnoth's RNG anymore.

Cheers
Q
Poliuks

Post by Poliuks »

I don't know if this addon is still being developed, but I must post it anyway.
During the game on Sulla with RBY No Mirror me and my friend noticed a strange bug: all statues disappeared, but their side had a (passive) leader - not a statue, unit you could suck exp from (well, he was able to retaliate). After a little code analysis I realized what is wrong. Your code replaces yetis we pick at the beginning with random leaders of non - repeating factions; the problem is that it does so also with "normal" yetis, such as ones on Sulla. The same happens if you replace one of statues on Basilisk with yeti - all other disappear, the black side is given a boss when originally yeti was placed. It's quite a serious issue and I'm a bit surprised that nobody discovered it yet. I'm using Wesnoth 1.10.3 and the most recent version from official server. If any newer version with this bug fixed is available, please, let me know. Thanks in advance.
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Did you played with shuffle sides on?
Poliuks

Post by Poliuks »

Yes, we did - but the problem, at least for me, exists regardless if it is on or off. I can attach a replay if that's necessary.
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

K thx I see what is going on. Its not my code so I by myself need to do some discovery from time to time :). There is similar issue with shuffle sides but that is not the case.

I'm going to fix this soon when I will find some time. In the meantime... It happens only if you hadpick non RBY map. Thats because RBY 2p maps are in fact campaigns and statues appear in second scenario while side operations take place in scenario one.

Well thx for the report :).

Cheers
Q
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Whoooa... took some time but it should be fixed now.

As for the bug itself indeed its unbelievable it existed so long without being reported.