Balance Ideas (Unit Changes)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Battlecruiser_Venca

Re: Balance Ideas (Unit Changes)

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

i think drakes gonna have problem vs northies
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Nope.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I just played a game as loys vs Horus (ud) on HGB at 1.9.6

I didnt noticed in any moment that my cavs were worse. They still have such mobility that they chosed where fight would take place. I am not saying 1.9.6 nerf was too small (just 1 game isnt significan). But looked to me that devs wont regreat in anyway about this nerf, they are still really good.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Nice to see some changes made, I guess I'll have to follow through on my tournament promise now :D .
The Orcish archer is an interesting change. It makes the best sense as an orc cav counter IMO but it feels a bit boring with 3 different archers having the exact same ranged attack. It might be nice to change one to 9-2 but I don't feel like thinking through the possible effects right now. :P

Anyway, big thumbs up from me. :)
Faello

Post by Faello »

Madlok wrote:In 1.96
Unit changes and balancing:
* Increased the pierce attack of the Orc Archer from 5-3 to 6-3.
* Decreased the HP of the Cavalryman from 38 to 34.
* Decreased the HP of the Dragoon from 53 to 49.
* Decreased the HP of the Cavalier from 68 to 64.
* Changed the 'feral' trait to give 50% instead of 40% defense on villages.
Excellent, I'm glad that our feedback led to this solution.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

The Black Sword wrote:Nice to see some changes made, I guess I'll have to follow through on my tournament promise now :D .
The Orcish archer is an interesting change. It makes the best sense as an orc cav counter IMO but it feels a bit boring with 3 different archers having the exact same ranged attack. It might be nice to change one to 9-2 but I don't feel like thinking through the possible effects right now. :P

Anyway, big thumbs up from me. :)
Noticed that. Now how can we state orcish archers are not that skillful? :lol2:
However a first-time orcish rush can be quite deadly now with mostly archers and minimal grunts. Noone mentioned yet how versalite orcish archers actually were. Yes maybe they were doing less damage but while an average archer can be countered with pierce resisant units what is something every faction has, orcish one still does the same underestimated mediocre 14... and vice versa since there's no unit resistant to fire and pierce at once, except the ghoul, but to be honest, i rarely see a ghoul vs northies.
So, four undefendable archer plus a grunt is marching toward the soft village, they share the work so the intelligent one will get the kills, that's a level 2 before retreating. It look quite dangerous and raising the required xp by at least 1 seems important. I hope i can upload a replay soon to prove it.
(And by increasing the needed xp he's going to be even more like all the other archer at the end...)
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

Here's a replay with Northerners including the new orc archer stats vs Drakes on Caves of the Basilisk (both chosen).
As you can see Drakes have big trouble to hold anything with a drake units only approach. The archer packing more punch now (they do more damage vs all drake units than a grunt) makes this a lot easier. I can remember discussions about Drakes having a too hard time vs orc rushes. This became even harder for Drakes now. :hmm:
Attachments
drakes_vs_orcs_on_cotb.gz
(21.7 KiB) Downloaded 256 times