2p Campaign Battle System, v1.5 on addon server

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GodlyDragon

Re: 2p Campaign Battle System, v1.5 on addon server

Post by GodlyDragon »

Hi, I am here to report a bug on the 1.10 server: when you finish a scenario and go to the next, your leaders loose all XP gained and the recall list is empty. Continue your good work!
H-Hour

Post by H-Hour »

Thanks for playing!

Make sure that you're following all the guidelines for saving and reloading MP campaigns. A single improper save can corrupt it for subsequent saves, so you'll probably have to start over. Sorry!
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
download and play it. and i love that there are no artefact (like in world conquest).
in 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4, you see your teammate, no in this add-on. why? if i want that i see my teammate and vice-versa, what to do?
H-Hour

Post by H-Hour »

Thanks for playing, SatHyre. I just checked and it looks like the players are setup to share maps and share view. Did you modify the settings when creating the game, by any chance, to turn on fog of war and shroud? I'm not sure what else could be the problem...
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
i use map settings : fog of war on, shroud off.
with fog off, i see the AI sides.
i play it on 1.12.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
i watched someone playing the add-on on 1.12. shroud on. but player 1 didnt see his teammate.
H-Hour

Post by H-Hour »

Hmm, that sucks. Maybe there has been a WML change or something. It's been a long time since I jumped into Wesnoth for a game, sorry.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
i played it on 1.10 and there are no shroud, no fog!!!
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

SatHyre wrote:hello,
i watched someone playing the add-on on 1.12. shroud on. but player 1 didnt see his teammate.
H-Hour wrote:Hmm, that sucks. Maybe there has been a WML change or something. It's been a long time since I jumped into Wesnoth for a game, sorry.
Recently this very same problem was reported to me by one of the users of the Wesnoth Italian Forum. After some investigation, I found out that (with the help of this post from iceiceice), in order to make share_maps=yes and share_viey=yes working as intended, you must add this line at scenario level:

Code: Select all

force_lock_settings=yes
In this add-on, the above line should be added inside the CBS_DEFAULT_SCEN macro in macros/cbs_defaults.cfg (and probably also inside CBS_DEFAULT_SCEN_TEMP).
I personally tested this bugfix and it seems to work fine. :)
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:
SatHyre wrote:hello,
H-Hour wrote:Hmm, that sucks. Maybe there has been a WML change or something. It's been a long time since I jumped into Wesnoth for a game, sorry.
Recently this very same problem was reported to me by one of the users of the Wesnoth Italian Forum. After some investigation, I found out that (with the help of this post from iceiceice), in order to make share_maps=yes and share_viey=yes working as intended, you must add this line at scenario level:

Code: Select all

force_lock_settings=yes
In this add-on, the above line should be added inside the CBS_DEFAULT_SCEN macro in macros/cbs_defaults.cfg (and probably also inside CBS_DEFAULT_SCEN_TEMP).
I personally tested this bugfix and it seems to work fine. :)
great. it works. thanks. 8)
Xara

Post by Xara »

Another problem is that the each player get his carryover gold doubled. It seems that somehow the addition is calculated twice.

EDIT: Not doubled, to be precise. There would be an 800 additional gold at most. Probably resulting from the carryover gold affecting the initial gold setting of the next scenario.

EDIT2: Seems that the bug is not specific to this add-on. And I heard that it will be fixed in 1.12.2 :)
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
mikoc5

Post by mikoc5 »

Hey, question. I keep having some issues with the Planewalker campaign, it seems the units in it aren't matched up with the Ageless era unit names. Question on how to fix it. I've been thinking of renaming the units myself, but meh, I'm lazy, and I don't wanna accidentally break something.

Anyway, here's what I get, when the game doesn't outright crash due to the enemy leader unit missing:

ALL of the crashes were caused by "missing unit" type things.
If you wanna know what version I'm using, it's supposedly 0.2.1, (I first installed it in 2017 so no chance that it was updated out of relevance), the Ageless Era I'm using is 4.18.0a, and I'm aslo running my own era for leaders on it (because why not? =D)

This NEVER happens to me in the Four Moons or vanilla era, only EoMa.
Am I the only person having these issues, and will I lose all my progress and recruited unique units if this gets fixed? Or do I actually have to go through and manually rename everything in a duplicate mod?

Minor update:
I think it's one of these "Spawn in a unit that joins you with a gold ring around its healthbar thing." Also, interestingly, an enemy leader is one of my custom units. Huh.

And there's some stock leaders like Mage of Light, Elvish Avenger, things like that.
Last edited by mikoc5 on September 24th, 2017, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikoc5

Post by mikoc5 »

Thanks. I'll upload the changed names as a mod when I'm done with it so others may apply it.

...if I manage to get it working X_X