SXC Development

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vultraz
Developer

Re: SXC Development

Post by vultraz »

What is the approved number of armor slots/percent increase available in the shop in SX?
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i think percent was 160%
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: SXC_Attack - ambush not triggering

Post by octalot »

On SXC_Attack from SXCollection version 0.2.64:

The ambush
Spoiler:
The players also avoided
Spoiler:
Currently updating the SurvivalXtreme Collection, and the SXC Pressure scenario. That's about a mermish necromancer, who's just found out that her Tentacles Of The Deep have been nerfed.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Wesnoth 1.9 and SXC Development

Post by octalot »

I've tried SXC on Wesnoth 1.9.
Graphics - bug in add-on
The village graphics have changed between 1.8 and 1.9.13, and the non-transparent bit is no longer offset. (Haven't yet found out whether that's true for all villages or just some).

The new use-villages-as-shops code's CROP commands now draw a blank space instead of a village.

Code: Select all

{SXC_SHOP_2 33 39 "terrain/village/human-city3.png~CROP(54,72,72,72)"}
Simply taking the CROP out works for the ones on SXC Mountains Of Doom.
Bought weapons - bug in engine
Bought weapons' damage, strikes and name get corrupted on level-up. See http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35768 .
Save files - bug in add-on
Save files are corrupt after the AI turn. Probably related to lots of "error engine: could not de-serialize unit: 'game_error: creating unit with an empty type field'" during the AI turn, and I guess the bug is in the add-on. Was testing on SXC-Trapped.

Debugged by the new logging added in r52481: the SXC_ENEMY_UPGRADE macro is using an empty variable name ($new_trait).
Last edited by octalot on January 5th, 2012, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently updating the SurvivalXtreme Collection, and the SXC Pressure scenario. That's about a mermish necromancer, who's just found out that her Tentacles Of The Deep have been nerfed.
-stf-

Post by -stf- »

Currently I am working on adding rest of the maps back to the pack, I will work on porting to into new Wesnoth version after I will finish it and after 1.10 will be out, because 1.9.13 still contains many errors which can affect some of the mentioned problems. At least it looks so when you watch Wesnoth development channel on IRC.

Note for people experiencing problem with crashing after installing or updating (not only) SXCollection (currently 0.2.81), it's often caused by corrupted cache or by too many files in cache directory after many Wesnoth/addons updates (old files are not deleted automatically and new files are added into cache directory), erasing all files in the cache directory and restarting Wesnoth should help as reported by players with that problem.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Something is broken in SXC_ENEMY_UPGRADE - it doesn't create the variable new_trait.

My experimentation with 1.9 is more to test Wesnoth than SXC.
Kernigh

Post by Kernigh »

octalot wrote:Something is broken in SXC_ENEMY_UPGRADE - it doesn't create the variable new_trait
The problem is from lines like this:

Code: Select all

{VARIABLE_OP new_trait format "creep.modifications.trait[$new_trait_i].id"}
With Wesnoth 1.9, [set_variable]format= no longer exists. One must use [set_variable]value=. (See InternalActionsWML.) One should change every {VARIABLE_OP x format y} to {VARIABLE x y}.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Running 0.2.88 on 1.10.0 is possible, and playable.

The rules about max-level don't work.
The shop treats all characters as max level (can buy abilities, can add weapon specials to default weapons, etc).
The ability upgrades (leadership to SXC leadership, etc) don't happen when the characters become max level.
No extra armor is available.
I haven't understood it yet, but think it's to do with the canrecruit=yes filters in SXC_CHECK_ARMOR_TOTAL . The bug goes away if I remove 0.2.88's new disallow recruit code and also take out the x,y=$x1,$y1 lines in SXC_CHECK_ARMOR_TOTAL.

SXC_CHECK_ARMOR_TOTAL causes a lot of warnings about the leader_armor variable (whether or not the changes above are done).

A few global search-and-replaces (I can give diff patches, but probably easier to do them with sed):
[removeitem] -> [remove_item]
colour -> color

when picking up any chest, the gold gets floating-point division between the players
-stf-

Post by -stf- »

I see that there will be probably more problems in 1.10 so I will stick with 1.8 until I will add rest of maps (4-5 maps), then I will start on upgrading and fixing the macros for 1.10. At the moment I need to do something else and it takes actually more time than I thought so please be patient, I should have another map ready in a week or so and start with upgrading probably in about one month.
BuBu

Post by BuBu »

I saw that you did a lot of updates on sx and release many versions (thanks :) ) ... that was good because SXC was easy in mad mode and the game was losing the essence of hard game that is a sx game.

1.10 dont have a sx game. I am very anxious to see a sx workink in 1.10. Seem that 1.10 have many changes in wml.The terrain is so beautiful now and with more sound themes ... imagine it with a sx game ... :wink:
Take a look in the things that i did: 6p - Secret Valley , MAP for SX
-stf-

Post by -stf- »

I am sorry, but I had cold, so the time is a bit prolonged, but I just finished the other project I needed to do, so I will start to continue work on SXC again.
Right now I am compiling 1.10 so I should be able to patch current version for new Wesnoth version and upload to addons server soon (it will probably not be updated until I will add all maps in 1.8 version - 5 maps left at the moment - because I wish to have complete mappack for 1.8 before I will continue with development on 1.10 - it's hard to maintain both due to wml differences).
BLAST

Post by BLAST »

SXRPG EvilDead should be tweaked somewhat. The Plague Fly Swarm should be removed for zonked because it has Berserk and a very large damage (turn 56 177 HP, 11-15 berserk, swarm, melee-pierce, 9 mp, 60% to impact, 90% to pierce, 80% to blade). This large damage output and high defense make it virtually impossible to for a mage or range to succeed.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

well, this is the wrong thread but i answer nevertheless ;)

yes, they are very dangerous.

you are right that the intial stats are a bit exagarated, so they may get nerfed a bit
base stats:
less HP -5, less dam -10, less mov -1, cold resist -20 (fire is at -50% already)
(already done)

the only good thing about them is that they got swarm ability

but will basically stay the way they are: berserk, swarm with high damage, vulnerable mostly to arcane/cold and most of all: fire.
resistant versus physical damage

so they are basicaly berserks with mediocre/good movement which means they should be avoided, so better stay out of range from them and kil them on your turn, or try to kill them/cripple them with arcane/cold or the best: fire.
as a sidearm i recommend using a torch - however that wont help against the berserkers later in game.

they will surely kill a ranged unit if they can attack it. this is intended.

when i solo'ed the game with a MAGE on expert i always kept an eye open for berserkers, since it means death if you end up in range of a berserk.
however the stats got reduced since they are too high - when i created the nit i made a slight mistake.

in any case the changes will make them just a bit more convenient to deal with, mainly due to the reduced movement (in case of a ranged hero) - a ranged unit will still get eaten alive if they end up in range of some of these monsters, the nerfed stats dont change anything about that.
the reduced stats help the melee-based heroes to deal.

So the strategy for ranged heroes is: stay out of their range and kill them on your turn
for melee heroes is: kill them in melee with a torch

however the stats will get reduced, which will help mostly melee characters though ;)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
-stf-

Post by -stf- »

So patched version of SXCollection 0.2.88 is now uploaded and ready to test on 1.10 server. All maps will need to be reviewed for possible changes in unit IDs, image names and WML but I will focus on adding rest of the planned maps. Please report bugs in this thread but check for new version before reporting any bugs to avoid reporting bugs that could be already fixed.
I will now work on adding another map on 1.8 server (after testing I will upload it with possible fixes also on 1.10 server).
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Hey guys!

I went through the 1.10 download (0.2.88a) and made a few terrain-related fixes:

* Changed all instances that I could find of deprecated terrain Ggf to Gg^Efm (they're the same flower terrain; all were in either maps/ or unbalanced/scen_gol)
* Made Bubu's Trial of the Elementals map terrain-compatible with 1.10. It wouldn't open before. (changed Qea -> Qxua and Ryd -> Urb)

Hope it helps! :D
Attachments
scen_gol.zip
unbalanced/scen_gol
(40.82 KiB) Downloaded 690 times
maps.zip
maps/
(56.9 KiB) Downloaded 707 times
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?