SXC Development

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jinnaraka

Re: SXC Development

Post by Jinnaraka »

Again, to all sx fans. 8 new sx maps created by me. I call it the BEST SXC; If you don't like the naming, plz comment below. thanks
Attachments
8.gif
8.gif (89.42 KiB) Viewed 13565 times
Legendary Thief (single player (Intermediated level, 20 scenarios) campaign; author)
Various Multiplayer scenarios modifier
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

Expedition is my personal fav. :geek:
Attachments
8.gif
8.gif (82.92 KiB) Viewed 13565 times
Legendary Thief (single player (Intermediated level, 20 scenarios) campaign; author)
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

Mini Jinnaraka - 20X10 tiny map. maybe not the best, but can I call it the smallest?
Attachments
tiny.jpg
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

Last but not least, Thanks to all sx girls and boys for playing.

-comments, declarations, clarifications or suggestions all welcomed. :D :D
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Your maps are all pretty good, some better than the official ones from the SXCollection. :D Thay still don't beat Mabuse's though :|
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Please don't quadruple post like that Jinnaraka. One post would have been enough. You can have multiple attachments per post and place them in between text if needed.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Jinnaraka wrote:
I didn't do that.
Ok, I looked at the comments later and realized lots of people contributed to the code. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for commenting out my name in the code a few versions ago. You can tell the person 'sexy' code doesn't really do anything.

Jinnaraka wrote: I saw that in add-on, but it is 13mb. My pc can't take it. so I never play his games.
Too bad! It's really fun. When we used to play with 5 players in versions 1.4 and 1.6, we had to have really good team work to beat any of his maps on Mad Mode. I recently played a castle of cantar with 4 or 5 players, but we weren't using good team work and so we all died off ;). Natural selection hard at work.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Jinnaraka wrote: I didn't do that.
Hey,
Somebody is uncommenting my name in the ban list, amongst adding others:

Code: Select all

#define SXC_SET_PLAYER
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "A"+"s"+"a"+"s"+"i"+"n"+"n"+"s"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "n"+"o"+"o"+"b"+"m"+"a"+"s"+"t"+"e"+"r"+"z"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "M"+"C"+"P"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "Ho"+"li"+"s"+"a"+"t"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "Ki"+"ll"+"Le"+"ss"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "Ki"+"ll"+"Le"+"ss"+"2"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "n"+"o"+"m"+"a"+"d"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "F"+"i"+"r"+"e_M"+"a"+"g"+"e"}		
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "D"+"a"+"n"+"n"+"i"+"e"+"l"+"_B"+"R"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "T"+"a"+"m"+"u"+"k"+"a"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "T"+"-v"+"i"+"r"+"u"+"s"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "S"+"l"+"o"+"w"+"T"+"h"+"i"+"n"+"k"+"e"+"r"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "I"+"s"+"o"+"r"+"a"+"k"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "g"+"i"+"l"+"b"+"r"+"o"+"t"+"h"+"e"+"r"}		
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "H"+"i"+"g"+"h"+"-f"+"i"+"v"+"e"	}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "j"+"u"+"s"+"t"+"4"+"f"+"u"+"n"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "L"+"i"+"n"+"u"+"x"}			
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "sm"+"ok"+"es"+"te"+"r1"+"41"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "pe"+"te"+"_96"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "le"+"oz"+"ow"+"sk"+"y"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "Fe"+"li"+"pe"+"go"+"do"+"i"}				
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "Pe"+"rf"+"ec"+"t"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "g"+"r"+"a"+"c"+"z"}		

{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS XXX}			
#enddef	

edit:
Also this is pretty funny, I dunno if it should be commented out ;p:

#define SXC_SUPER_PLAYER

[event]
    name=prestart

[if]
        [have_unit]
			name=jinnaraka
			side={SIDE}
        [/have_unit]

[then]
			{VARIABLE SUPER_PLAYER_present_{SIDE} yes}		
			{VARIABLE SP_SIDE {SIDE}}				
        [/then]
    [/if]	  

[/event]

[event]
    name=side turn
    first_time_only=yes

[if]
        [variable]
            name=SUPER_PLAYER_present_{SIDE}
            boolean_equals=yes
        [/variable]
        [then]

[print]
				text="Player $SP_SIDE is A Super Player!"
				size=24
				red=255
				duration=1000
			[/print]			

[/then]
    [/if]	
[/event] 
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

MCP wrote:Somebody is uncommenting my name in the ban list, amongst adding others:
There’s no reason there should be a ban list in the first place. Banning people from games is up to the game hosts.

I can’t fail to notice there’s something fishy going on here, given the degree of obfuscation of this code and our past experiences with the maintainer.

# SXC_unit_macros.cfg
#define sexy_code_4him NAME
  	[event]
		name=prestart
		[kill]
			name={NAME}
		[/kill]		
	[/event]	

#enddef	

# SXC_abilities.cfg
#define ABILITY_SXC_SEXY_CITY NAME
	{sexy_code_4him {NAME}}
#enddef

# SXCitems.cfg
#define ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS NAME
	{ABILITY_SXC_SEXY_CITY {NAME}}
#enddef

# SXCmacros.cfg
#define SXC_SET_PLAYER
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "P"+"l"+"a"+"y"+"e"+"r"+"N"+"a"+"m"+"e"+"s"+"L"+"i"+"k"+"e"+"T"+"h"+"i"+"s"}
		[...]
#enddef
Please remove it from the next revision of this add-on, hopefully as soon as possible.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
SpoOkyMagician

Post by SpoOkyMagician »

I started designing a new sxc map. I have the map almost complete. (I just have to add a few touch up's here and there.) It's going to be very similar to SXC_SpoOky_Forest. (What can I say? I love spooky themes. Heh...) The name of the map this time is SXC_SpoOky_Castle. The story is basically, five friends head out to the remains of a large castle/fort. They heard rumours that it is haunted by the soldiers that died during battle. Against your better judgement, you decide to check it out anyway. Pretty straight forward storyline. The general layout is the castle/fort in the middle, shops remain far away in the four corners of the map, and there is an outer wall protecting the castle/fort. It will take me some time to code out the scenario. Most likely, it will not be balanced at first. I will have to run it though a test run at some point with 5 pro sxc players on the hardest difficulty. Anyhow, I will let you know more in a bit. In the meantime, you can check my current map design.
Spoiler:
edit: Too lazy to save/view in wesnoth? Here... ( http://img571.imageshack.us/i/mapscreenshot000.png/ )

edit: I think the general design of the map is complete now. Take a look... ( http://img858.imageshack.us/i/mapscreenshot000.png/ )

edit: All that is left now is to code it... I think I will work on it tomorrow though. I have some things to do at the moment so... Until then...

~ SpoOkyMagician
"You don't have to understand me, I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician
Creator of: Unwelcome Guests Series, Modifiable Android Project, SpoOky's Survivals, and many more... (Most of my old stuff is gone.)
(User Page)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

@SpoOky Magician ;) : looks pretty good; looking foreword to it :D BTW, how's this one of mine?
Attachments
liches.zip
(7.98 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
SpoOkyMagician

Post by SpoOkyMagician »

I cannot open it at the moment. It says illegal characters (assuming custom terrain.) I will change it to something different so I can view it for now. Once I can view it, I will give you my opinion. ;)

edit: Is this a devel map? I noticed the terrain codes looks like it. I'll undo my changes real quick and check...

edit: Ah so it is a devel map... (*looks*)

edit: Very impressive map design. IMO, it could use a few touch up's here and there. Although, I myself find that I am extremely picky when it comes to map design. For example, I must of edited the map above many times before I liked it. It even took longer then it should of I think. But again, I am just picky like that... I think it's up to the map designer's creativity/ideals/etc for what a map SHOULD look like. Although, considering that the map is 100x80 roughly, that is still impressive nonetheless. Large map are much more annoying to fill up compared to smaller maps. On smaller maps you always tend to run out of space where you want to put something... while large maps, you always are trying to figure out what to put there to "take space up". Heh... Anyway, I like the map. Good job.

~ SpoOkyMagician

edit: I might as well start working on the scenario... I may/may not have time saturday because of "Thunder over Louisville". I really dunno If I will go or not... The river is flooded and there will be less space downtown... I usually go with the family so, we will have to see... Anyway, I'll keep you posted on this WIP SXC.

edit: I basically copied/modified SXC_SpoOky_Forest and removed unneeded code/comments/etc to SXC_SpoOky_Castle. I also updated some comments too. A lot of them were out of date. I have yet to go back and update the enemy side. I will get to that soon enough. I need to make sure this is working properly. Wish me luck. :)

edit: The general setup is working fine. I will continue to work on it in a bit. Taking a 10 min break.

edit: Completely updated the sides/allow/disallow recruits and whatnot. Now, I just need to add stuff to the scenario...

edit: Here is the current cfg file for the scenario. (Version 0.3)
Spoiler:
edit: I also had to update the map for the water side. I will post the updated map later. Not required right now.

edit: I need to go for an hour or so. I will continue to work on it when I get back. Although, I won't get much done today. I'll get back to this asap after Saturday.

edit: I am back but I have to go sorry, I will have to continue Sunday. Farewell for now.

edit: Seems I was on the news at Thunder over Louisville... ( http://www.whas11.com/video?id=119983684&sec=553357 ) See: -1:20 I am the one in the middle with the black jacket on. :P Find me? Heh... It's very blurry so it's hard to see me. But, I assure you, that was me... After watching it again, I was the one that "looked up" at the camera. I was trying to hide myself. Didn't know he was recording. The others was friends/family. It was pretty cold... 40ish degrees, raining, and windy... But, we got through it. It was one hell of a final too. But, you have to be there to understand. :P

edit: Anyway, I need to work on the sxc.

edit: I took a few hours to try figuring out how to make a unit transparent. I looked around for awhile and the only two solutions I came up with at the time was alpha unit variable and animation alpha variable. Neither worked. Until I realized there was a wonderful function to help me out with the effect... I can't believe I noticed the "image_mod" effect. It works perfectly now. Now that I wasted enough time with that, I can continue working on the scenario... xD

edit: I am now finished with the general concept of the scenario. Note that it still needs to go though testing/balancing. Any suggestions/comments/etc please post here. You can test this if you wish. Put the map in the maps directory and the scenario in the scen_new directory and it should load just fine.
SXC_SpoOky_Castle.map
1.0 sxc_spooky_castle map
(35.58 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
SXC_SpoOky_Castle.cfg
1.0 sxc_spooky_castle cfg
(25.66 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
Last edited by SpoOkyMagician on April 30th, 2011, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You don't have to understand me, I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician
Creator of: Unwelcome Guests Series, Modifiable Android Project, SpoOky's Survivals, and many more... (Most of my old stuff is gone.)
(User Page)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Trying SpoOky Castle out now
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

MCP wrote:
Jinnaraka wrote: I didn't do that.
Hey,
Somebody is uncommenting my name in the ban list, amongst adding others:

#define SXC_SET_PLAYER
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "A"+"s"+"a"+"s"+"i"+"n"+"n"+"s"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "n"+"o"+"o"+"b"+"m"+"a"+"s"+"t"+"e"+"r"+"z"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "M"+"C"+"P"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "Ho"+"li"+"s"+"a"+"t"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "Ki"+"ll"+"Le"+"ss"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "Ki"+"ll"+"Le"+"ss"+"2"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "n"+"o"+"m"+"a"+"d"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "F"+"i"+"r"+"e_M"+"a"+"g"+"e"}		
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "D"+"a"+"n"+"n"+"i"+"e"+"l"+"_B"+"R"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "T"+"a"+"m"+"u"+"k"+"a"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "T"+"-v"+"i"+"r"+"u"+"s"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "S"+"l"+"o"+"w"+"T"+"h"+"i"+"n"+"k"+"e"+"r"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "I"+"s"+"o"+"r"+"a"+"k"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "g"+"i"+"l"+"b"+"r"+"o"+"t"+"h"+"e"+"r"}		
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "H"+"i"+"g"+"h"+"-f"+"i"+"v"+"e"	}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "j"+"u"+"s"+"t"+"4"+"f"+"u"+"n"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "L"+"i"+"n"+"u"+"x"}			
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "sm"+"ok"+"es"+"te"+"r1"+"41"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "pe"+"te"+"_96"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "le"+"oz"+"ow"+"sk"+"y"}	
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "Fe"+"li"+"pe"+"go"+"do"+"i"}				
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "Pe"+"rf"+"ec"+"t"}
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "g"+"r"+"a"+"c"+"z"}		

{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS XXX}			
#enddef	

edit:
Also this is pretty funny, I dunno if it should be commented out ;p:

#define SXC_SUPER_PLAYER

[event]
    name=prestart

[if]
        [have_unit]
			name=jinnaraka
			side={SIDE}
        [/have_unit]

[then]
			{VARIABLE SUPER_PLAYER_present_{SIDE} yes}		
			{VARIABLE SP_SIDE {SIDE}}				
        [/then]
    [/if]	  

[/event]

[event]
    name=side turn
    first_time_only=yes

[if]
        [variable]
            name=SUPER_PLAYER_present_{SIDE}
            boolean_equals=yes
        [/variable]
        [then]

[print]
				text="Player $SP_SIDE is A Super Player!"
				size=24
				red=255
				duration=1000
			[/print]			

[/then]
    [/if]	
[/event] 

I am try to make a debug menu when the I am playing the game, but it just doesn't work.
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

shadowmaster wrote:
MCP wrote:Somebody is uncommenting my name in the ban list, amongst adding others:
There’s no reason there should be a ban list in the first place. Banning people from games is up to the game hosts.

I can’t fail to notice there’s something fishy going on here, given the degree of obfuscation of this code and our past experiences with the maintainer.

# SXC_unit_macros.cfg
#define sexy_code_4him NAME
  	[event]
		name=prestart
		[kill]
			name={NAME}
		[/kill]		
	[/event]	

#enddef	

# SXC_abilities.cfg
#define ABILITY_SXC_SEXY_CITY NAME
	{sexy_code_4him {NAME}}
#enddef

# SXCitems.cfg
#define ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS NAME
	{ABILITY_SXC_SEXY_CITY {NAME}}
#enddef

# SXCmacros.cfg
#define SXC_SET_PLAYER
		{ITEM_SXC_SETTINGS "P"+"l"+"a"+"y"+"e"+"r"+"N"+"a"+"m"+"e"+"s"+"L"+"i"+"k"+"e"+"T"+"h"+"i"+"s"}
		[...]
#enddef
Please remove it from the next revision of this add-on, hopefully as soon as possible.
Only those really serious about making game or those super boring SOB come to this forum frequently. I am not both, so I rarely come to this forum. It is not me ignoring your warning at all. I will continue add more people to my ban list, but I probably will make a better ban list, so no SOB can find it. Something like when certain people play the game, he will have less gold or maybe more to make other player thinking he/she is cheating and all. It will fun.