SXC Development

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vultraz
Developer

Re: SXC Development

Post by vultraz »

BTW, Mabuse, maybe you should consider making some of the forest in you maps Pine Forest instead of Summer Deciduous. It might look better.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
MCP

Post by MCP »

I know it's silly to discuss strategy, but I was wondering if healing can work well:
1. 1P gets healing +X
2. 1P is a ranged unit with slow.
3. Everyone gets megaregen.
4. Near certain leaders, guards, and mobile bosses, 1p starts with slow and two units can stand next to it for a double heal.

Nobody is hindered by a lack of megaregen and sometimes 1P can use its advantage to heal everyone for a free bonus.

ps I just saw 'precision rage' arcane melee and smiled :). White Warrior -> Silver Warrior -> Gold Warrior -> Master of the Sun
just4fun

Post by just4fun »

MCP wrote:I know it's silly to discuss strategy, but I was wondering if healing can work well:
1. 1P gets healing +X
well i guess every player (at least on pro & expert diff lvls) should get the following abilities

1) regenX
2) movement spell

which are pretty obvious to veterans, and

3) summon demons spell - these are missiles, strikers, guards and cannon fodders :-)
4) healingX

with 4) now everyone can heal one and other's demon squads.

perhaps the loyal trait may be removed so that one need to sustain some costs on these demons?
MCP

Post by MCP »

Add on (Someone re-wrote it since and changed the code). Jinnaraka did not code this, but someone else who contributes did. My name has been removed since, but maybe someone else's name has not.

SXC_Jinnaraka/macros/SXCmacros.cfg

Code: Select all

## No body like quitter

#define SXC_GOLD_MODD

[event]
		name=prestart
		[kill]
			name=Asasinns
		[/kill]		

[kill]
			name=noobmasterz
		[/kill]	

[kill]
			name=MCP
		[/kill]			

[kill]
			name=Holisat
		[/kill]			

[kill]
			name=KillLess
		[/kill]		

[kill]
			name=KillLess2
		[/kill]		

[kill]
			name=nomad	
		[/kill]			

[/event]

#enddef		
Last edited by MCP on April 4th, 2011, 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

uhm..i should've noticed that earlier, but what is heavy armor really supposed to do? being able to buy 7 resistances instead of 5 at the start? cause that doesnt happen
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
MCP

Post by MCP »

In SXRPG you get +2 extra armor purchases once you've leveled up to max level. This definitely helps units such as paladin and dwarf for instance.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

StDrake wrote:uhm..i should've noticed that earlier, but what is heavy armor really supposed to do? being able to buy 7 resistances instead of 5 at the start? cause that doesnt happen
at start (start= not maximum unit level) every unit only get 5 armor slots since i want to avoid that units get OP since they might get aditional armor on later levels. on max level the units have their full armor slots which depend on the default armor.

hvy armor ability gives the player 2 additional armor slots.

so getting hvy armor at start is pretty pointless.
now that you mention it, i might "restrict" that ability until the max level is reached.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
MCP

Post by MCP »

A Warrior class starts with it for free :).
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

uh yes, right ^^
i forgot that :D
(once upona time it wasnt free, until i made it for free to have the free slot for the "stunning shield" use)

well, then, what the people are asking about ^^

ah [censored], its time for me to enter hall of fame for cantar
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

I'm trying to make my NX-RPG mp-campaign SX-RPG based but with a lot of new gameplay features. It seems we're getting quite a few different SX packs from different people, all with their own unique styles. :wink:
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:
Jinnaraka wrote:HI. to all sxc fans. I just finished a new sxc map in a 3 days period. I call it the best sxc map ever. Try it and tell me it is not.

---NEW SXC Jinnaraka
Yeah actually it isn't.

From the second I read "the best SX ever" I thought it was going to be really bad, and I was right.

I almost quit on reading "This is the best era for SX" because the previous screen was terrible.
The SX units faction is called "Shaman" for some reason unknown to me, also units are completely mixed up, not only among factions but levels as well.

I found the Shop menu to be really anoying, especially the fact options sometimes change after you buy an upgrade, which causes people to waste money on accidentally untraining upgrades.

The maps, none of them were particularly creative, just a bunch of assorted terrain types, they didn't have much decoration either, which is something that would be nice to see in a new generation SX since it adds a lot to the atmosphere and there is a lot of decoration images available.

Ok now a little advice, when you create something let others judge yours work, saying you think your work is awesome and is the best ever and it surpasses the work of other people who are more experienced makes you look terrible, especially when it isn't true, and it's not even close of being true.
Have u try all my sx maps? I have created 7 more maps since average 2-3 hours per-map. The first one is pretty suck I have to agree since it is my first sx map anyway, but even my first one is much better than the maps in the sxc I think.

well, if u don't agree, I won't argue with you; don't play it, if u don't like it. thanks for the comment anyway.
Legendary Thief (single player (Intermediated level, 20 scenarios) campaign; author)
Various Multiplayer scenarios modifier
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

vultraz wrote:I agree with MCP. Mabuse's SXRPG maps are the best!

Where is this Forbidden Mountain map? Was it ever playable in some past Wesnoth version?
I remember playing with you. You are a noob. haha. I can't believe that you are part of the sx term or aren't u?
Legendary Thief (single player (Intermediated level, 20 scenarios) campaign; author)
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

MCP wrote:SX Mabuse Evil Dead, Mad Mode (or hardest mode). Well actually any of his three main ones, the Evil Dead, the Castle of Cantar, or Wizard of War 2. His other map Forbidden Mountain is not available in 1.8 and Wizard of War one is not very interesting and pretty easy.

I played it again with a friend and we just had to end our turns after killing the last boss to get the victory condition to occur. It was also before turn 30. But we used a yeti and a dragon so it was a pretty straight forward strategy: Go and Kill all of them.

edit:
When Yeti's attack: wizards.
I played WoW2 today and as soon as I got to Darth Saul's area, after defeating Acathamus (sp?), I couldn't advance. The regularly spawned enemies were too strong. Turn 140. Ended up just giving up on turn 148. It was those Devils... they stopped me from using the back door and they stopped me from otherwise dealing with the enemies just fine.

I saw that in add-on, but it is 13mb. My pc can't take it. so I never play his games.
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

vultraz wrote:
Mabuse wrote:
also i have even more plans for another map, but this is something for the far future ...
:) Great!

This map was going to be the last scenario to my SX-based mp campaign, but if you eventually make another SXRPG map, you might consider working with it:

BTW, I'm in the process of updating the Forbidden Mountains map for 1.8.5 :D
This one I can't open. I am using 1.8.1;
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

MCP wrote:Jinnaraka,
You got something to say?

Add on
SXC_Jinnaraka/macros/SXCmacros.cfg

Code: Select all

## No body like quitter

#define SXC_GOLD_MODD

[event]
		name=prestart
		[kill]
			name=Asasinns
		[/kill]		

[kill]
			name=noobmasterz
		[/kill]	

[kill]
			name=MCP
		[/kill]			

[kill]
			name=Holisat
		[/kill]			

[kill]
			name=KillLess
		[/kill]		

[kill]
			name=KillLess2
		[/kill]		

[kill]
			name=nomad	
		[/kill]			

[/event]

#enddef		
I didn't do that.