Zombie Apocalypse RPG 1.6

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Captain_Wrathbow

Re: Zombie Apocalypse RPG(Beta Testing) 0.0.6

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Mm... for one, the two hexes of the military base's electric gate were one hex off. And I remember that you forgot to make a signpost somewhere impassable; you could still walk on it. I think it was the one nearest the military base, but I'm not certain.

And perhaps I shouldn't have said "lot", it really wasn't that much; only 3 or 4 times... but enough to notice it.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Ok thanks :P, always report all bugs and/or weird things.
Araja

Post by Araja »

I'd like to express some concern about the number of zombies spawned after the junkyard event...
Screenshot_010.JPG
Oh...My...God :shock: :augh:

I have a great defensive position based around an 80% defence chokepoint with 2 medics, but I think I'm going to be stuck in this junkyard for longer than I would like. It's been about 30 turns already, with me killing 1-2 zombies each time, and they've still managed to fill up my screen.

What's the current system for junkyard spawns? I suspect an entire mapload of previously guardian spawns has come to get me, so maybe they should be spawned in several waves or at least smaller numbers.
Kanapka

Post by Kanapka »

In 100 turns after junyard event I got about 300 zombies (checked in debug mode, it made my machine run so slow that I gave up ZA), and I didn't even get much futher than the boat. This makes 3 zombies per turn, so killing 2 per turn you won't run out of zombies. Try :debug :fog :shroud to check the number of zombies, and if there's whole map worth of zombies, flip some to your side.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Araja wrote:What's the current system for junkyard spawns? I suspect an entire mapload of previously guardian spawns has come to get me, so maybe they should be spawned in several waves or at least smaller numbers.
o.O

What the

That's not supposed to happen.

From the junkyard onwards, 20 zombies are supposed to appear every 5 turns, and in different places of the map, not in the junkyard gate o.O

I think I screwed up somewhere lol.
Araja

Post by Araja »

Well, I was trying to weather the storm in the junkyard.
I thought it would be a wave of spawned enemies which I had to kill, followed by the usual trickle of normal zombies which wouldn't be able to stop me. It was when I had 20 on screen at once that I began to suspect a flaw in my plan. As for having 60ish... :lol2:

20 every 5 turns?...Sounds like I'm supposed to make a rush for the comm centre.
PapaSmurfReloaded

If everything continues smootly, there is to be a new version on Sunday.

Some fanservice:

PapaSmurfReloaded

The new version will be delayed, at least until Wednesday I believe.

Sorry about that.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Lol, I dreamed about a zombie apocalypse last night. :shock:
I was hiding out in the basement of a church, but then I got killed... and I reloaded my last auto-save to try again. :lol2: No kidding, it actually happened in the dream! Goes to show how much Wesnoth influences me... :augh:
PapaSmurfReloaded

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:Lol, I dreamed about a zombie apocalypse last night. :shock:
I was hiding out in the basement of a church, but then I got killed... and I reloaded my last auto-save to try again. :lol2: No kidding, it actually happened in the dream! Goes to show how much Wesnoth influences me... :augh:
<3 my geek followers

Either way, I'm aiming for the first non-beta version to be ready on Sunday. :hmm:
Araja

Post by Araja »

That happens to me as well. You spend so much time in the game world that when you dream, your mind is filled with both worlds. All the times I've had dreams that feature respawning or points systems...

Anyway, I might try from the start again when I have some spare time. My save from before I was surrounded by fifty zombies has been overwritten and I don't think I'm ever going to escape.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Well as probably many of you noticed yesterday it got delayed again :|

But the I'm happy because the development and now I have more time in my hands :mrgreen:

-The score system, about 80% finished, which includes main quest, side quests, and rescuing civilians.
-Being able to examine all items on maps is also in, I just have to add more item definitions.
-Made the sewer's boss slightly easier.
-I made monsters spawn every 10 turns instead of 5, haven't tested it yet but probably I'm also going to nerf the kind of monsters that spawn.
-I have still to work on adding melee weapons, though thats probably the easiest part.
-I might make character classes, not sure yet.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Re: Zombie Apocalypse RPG(Beta Testing) 0.1.0

The new and damn delayed version of ZA RPG beta is here.

Ironically I kind off rushed the release because tomorrow I'm going on holidays :roll:

The only things that haven't been added are melee weapons and classes.
wesfreak

Re: Zombie Apocalypse RPG(Beta Testing) 0.1.0

Post by wesfreak »

Maybe you could add some location labels and an item list too? After the graveyard fighting your way to a sign post is almost life-threatening, so a label saying what an area is would be helpful. It's also hard to tell which items you have since it just says that you picked them up and doesn't mention them again.