Announcing Elvish Pillager's Popular Demand Era!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hulavuta

Re: Announcing Elvish Pillager's Popular Demand Era!

Post by Hulavuta »

Actually, making a sprite of TSI would be copyright infringement, right? Anyway, you wanna do this?
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
zaladore

Post by zaladore »

Maybe you could create a race of bugs that mess up the game, and there could also be a faction of copy wesnoth games that are the enemies of wesnoth forum players.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

I don't know... I'm not sure how tsi, Shadowmaster, Jetrel, and the others would feel about it. :hmm:
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

Create a series of factions that represent different "usergroups" of wesnothians from the forums.

I suppose there are others you could add, but one in particular: A "Developers" faction.

All units would resemble a particular developer, if he/she allows, and would have corresponding abilities, traits, etc. according to that person's preference.

These units would be a one-time recall unit. Though leveling certainly poses a problem, it might be possible too that these individuals create 2-3 units in order for them to "level up".

AND/OR

Could be a faction that represents the entirety of the wesnoth forums, including perhaps the above idea but instead could include recruitable units such as "Forum Regular" with corresponding effects / abilities / stats.

But before I expand, would such a faction be tolerable / acceptable?
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

I might be working on such a thing. But it's getting kind of off-topic from this one, so I'm going to take it to PM's.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
IceAssassin

Post by IceAssassin »

Here is a suggestion, although it might need a new era altogether
Assassins creed suggestions

Soldier>Guard>Templar>Master Templar

Bowman>Archer>Sniper

Healer>Herbalist>Templar Doctor

Initiate>Killer>Death Agent>Master Assassin(Allow this pathline to have deadly strike(Heterodox of Anakes has it too))

Horseman>Mounted Killer>Mounted Assassin
OR >Cavalier>Holy Paladin

Thief(Lvl 0)>Thug>Silencer
OR >Bandit>Vigilante>Bandit Leader

Assassins should have throwing knives, hidden blade(One strike with deadly strike, backstab, and slows) and a sword(Plus Nightstalker at lvl 3 and Ambush at lvl 2)

Soldiers should have Rocks(Impact ranged with slows) and a sword

Templars should have good melee resistances(Impact Pierce ranged) but bad cold and fire resistances A Blessed sword(with Precision on master templar) and a crossbow

Bowman should have a knife and a bow(Marksman on Lvl 3 with bow)

Healers should have a mace and Arcane magic

Assassin Horsemen should have a crossbow and a sword(at level 3 give a hidden blade with focus)

Templar Horsemen(Includes lvl 1) Consult templars above(And have better movement like 5 for regular and 7 for this and 7 for assassins and 9 for assassin horsemen

Thieves get a knife and throwing knife Thug gets a knife, fist and throwing knives. Silencer gets a knife, throwing knives and fist as well but gets backstab with the knife

Bandits get a sword at lvl 1 and a bow at lvl 2(they should have like 5 moves)

I hope that wasnt too long but i had the idea so i thought i would post.
IceAssassin

Post by IceAssassin »

And as for the new era, i am going to try to figure out how to make one and as soon as i do that i will help you guys out.
Panda_

Post by Panda_ »

Should I suggest 4 factions?

Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn?

Winter being the chaotic one
Summer the Loyalist one

During Spring, you can have fairies, birds, Rain
During Summer, you can have Ogres, various Beasts, Thunder, Huricanes
During Autumn, you can have goblins, worms
During Winter, there is Crows, Snow tempests

Splash in those season, already existing units.

You could also be able to change the terrain to the advantage of the terrain to the advantage of your faction with your hero.

Winter: Sand -> Snow, Swamp -> Ice
Spring: Mushrooms -> Forest, Ice -> Water
Summer: Snow -> Sand, Water -> River Ford
Autumn: Forest -> Mushrooms, River Ford -> Swamp

I'm using Agone as my main ideas there.
Isawa Aneko
Ishiken

"Dead ? Me ? My clan is in danger, and the Empire is falling ! I don't have time to die !"
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

Could you give the fiend a dummy ability that tells you about the transformation, give shadow priest advancements the darkens aura and make bombardiers do more damage or be able to shoot from a longer distance on advancing?

Also, since the free goblins are have no units that northerners don't have, why not just delete the entire faction? (and add the rest of the northerners to the northerners faction)
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

I came up with an unit idea some time ago and I have no plans to include it into any project of mine in the short term, so I figured I might as well submit it to you. Basically, it'd be a werewolf/tiger/bear/anything unit, which would be EXACTLY like a default peasant/woodsman/ruffian at day/dawn/dusk, but would change into a chaotic werewolf/tiger/bear/etc. at night. The night version could gain levels and carry over experience from night to night, but would always revert into a meek Lv0 at dawn. The peasant/etc. unit could gain and carry-over experience, but shouldn't be able to level into other more powerful units, for balance's sake. The were creature could be somewhat overpowered, too, I guess. It could also have a plague attack in werecreature form that would create a Lv0 were creature of the same type (which would also switch to a peasant/etc. at day).

I'm sure I don't need to say this as you're pretty epic with wml already (good job for Era of High Sorcery btw, it's a great inspiration for me and I studied some of your more recent versions carefully, which helped me learn some neat new tricks :) ), but you could easily store the peasant/etc. unit in werecreature's variables and vice-versa, or something like that.

As far as graphics go, the werewolf sprite could be one of the Wargs from EoM (don't require download, just copy the sprite into your Era's images folder). I don't know if you want us to design stats too or if you prefer using your creativity on that part. I don,t overly mind on that field, so I'll let you at it.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

That would mean that users who don't have this era won't be able to play though: the " doesn't require a download" parts means that, like era of high sorcery, people who don't have the era can still join the games.

You could still use a regular wolf sprite though, and the unit would fit will with the abominations faction.