Aethaeryn's Maps (0.5 Branch for Wesnoth 1.7.8)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Aethaeryn's Maps (0.5 Branch for Wesnoth 1.7.8)

Postby Aethaeryn » November 10th, 2009, 8:47 pm

This is for Aethaeryn's Maps 0.5 for late 1.7 and 1.8. The thread for older versions on Wesnoth 1.3/1.4 is here. No thread was kept for Aethaeryn's Maps 0.4 on Wesnoth 1.6.

Aethaeryn's Maps 0.5
A collection of various multiplayer maps that I have worked on over the years and will continue to work on, Aethaeryn's Maps is my flagship add-on. Aethaeryn's Maps is a variety pack of many different kinds of maps whose only common denominator is that I made them. The maps range from a traditional 1v1 (Twin Rivers) to a survival (Fortress Defense) to Free For Alls of all sorts (Chambers, Four Bases, Aethaeryn's Empires, Random Rumble). My specialty, however, is uneven team maps. I have a 2v1 (Hide and Seek), a 3v1 (Fortress Assault), and a 3v2 (Dwarven Fortress). I also have more map ideas planned to be phased in over the course of Wesnoth 1.8. Altogether, Aethaeryn's Maps version 0.5 is the best version of my multiplayer variety pack so far.

The Aethaeryn's Maps wiki page contains individual map descriptions. Screenshots will be added soon.

Three Ways to Download
Aethaeryn
Translator

Re: Aethaeryn's Maps (0.5 Branch for Wesnoth 1.7.8)

Postby itota » July 9th, 2010, 3:10 am

hi Aethaeryn.

i like ur fortress defence.
please consider implementing spawning enemy notice function in the scenario.
below is the detail of what i am requesting.
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30618
itota

Postby Jachi » March 5th, 2012, 9:02 pm

I know I can't demand anything, you are probably busy... But I would love to see you update these maps. They are my favorite maps that include recruiting, keep up the good work.
Blame me and get flamed!
(Not really...)
Jachi

Postby nelson » April 3rd, 2012, 3:03 am

Please update these maps for 1.10! Fortress Assault is hands down my favorite scenario for Wesnoth :)
nelson

Postby nelson » April 24th, 2012, 7:48 pm

Since there was no response to my request to update this add-on, I took the liberty of rescuing my favorite map, Fortress Assault, myself. Attached is a version of the add-on that has been updated so that Fortress Assault works in Wesnoth 1.10.x. None of the other maps work because I don't care about the other maps.

If someone wants to finish the job for the other maps, be my guest :)
Attachments
Aethaeryns_Maps - updated Fortress Assault.zip
Fixed so that Fortress Assault works in Wesnoth 1.10, but none of the other maps work.
(88.51 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
nelson

Postby Unaltor » August 3rd, 2012, 1:45 am

Hey man. I know you are probably busy, and you may not even check this stuff anymore. But could you please update this for 1.10. Chambers is my all time favorite map.
Unaltor

Return to Multiplayer Development