Mabee Maps Feedback

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mabeenot

Mabee Maps Feedback

Post by mabeenot »

I'm looking for feedback on the maps in my map-pack, Mabee Maps, which is posted on the add-on server for version 1.7. I know someone has played them because the map-pack has been downloaded 400 times and I've seen the maps show up occasionally on the server's list of replays. With all that interest, surely someone has an opinion about the maps.

I'm most curious about how people view the balance, aesthetics, and uniqueness of the maps. If you've played them all, feel free to rate them or rank them. Screenshots of the maps are posted below.

For reference, a previous discussion about balancing Feud happened prior to its release, but I'm still open to making changes: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26457

Boardwalk:
Spoiler:
Feud:
Spoiler:
From Rumyr with Love:
Spoiler:
Last edited by mabeenot on October 24th, 2009, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Re: Mabee Maps Feedback

Post by Doc Paterson »

Just glanced at Feud and noticed that any player 1 with a faction with flying units has a guaranteed village steal. Haven't seen the others yet; might have time to look later. Posting screenshots of all of them would encourage feedback.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
grrr

Post by grrr »

Seconded. Use the screenshot feature of the map editor and upload the image here (better: upload somewhere else, link to it). The map tag for this forum is currently borken (= doesn't know all the new terrain and terrain combos) and has a history of being borken while being fixed for short periods only. So yeah - don't use it =/
mabeenot

Post by mabeenot »

As requested, I've attached screenshots to the original post. You can also download these maps from the 1.7 add-on server.