Conquest 1.0 - Now on the 1.6 Add-on Server

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ViK

Re: Conquest 1.0 - Now on the 1.6 Add-on Server

Post by ViK »

I created an add-on to work on 1.8. Might require a separate topic but I will continue here till all issues are fixed.

Attached is the updated add on. Extract this to data/add-ons folder.

I left it to 2.0b as there are some bugs that need to be fixed. Only units that I see problem are boats. Unboard does not work. I am looking into the issue, but if anyone can fix, please go ahead and fix it.

I updated all maps version to 2.0b. All the three maps are the latest from forums with 'all vills'
Attachments
Conquest 2.0b.zip
(56.43 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Alistar

Post by Alistar »

Thanks for the uppdate am going to test it now :)

--------------
Alistar
Alistar

Post by Alistar »

More unit tipes
This game chould really use some unit tipes
Like a caravan 10-5 dmg 15 moves and can carry 1 trop or something...new horses...infantry

-----------
Alistar
alda

Post by alda »

As I said a few posts earlier, I am already working to provide an add-on for 1.8 add-on server. Actually, I just have to fix the boarding menu to finish it (which as you said does not work anymore in 1.8). I should have finished it by the end of the week.

On a side note, in my new version, the non-human villages won't be able to recruit lieuts, generals or boats, but instead, every non-human will have a new lieutenant-like unit of their own race which cost 15 gold. Only human villages will be able to recruit a 25 gold unit (the general) and boats, so human villages keep an advantage on non-human villages.
ViK

Post by ViK »

alda wrote:As I said a few posts earlier, I am already working to provide an add-on for 1.8 add-on server. Actually, I just have to fix the boarding menu to finish it (which as you said does not work anymore in 1.8).
alda, reason I released something is mostly for my own use. My 1.6.5 does not work anymore, so I had a update the conquest for my use. Thought someone can use it if I upload here.

alda wrote: On a side note, in my new version, the non-human villages won't be able to recruit lieuts, generals or boats, but instead, every non-human will have a new lieutenant-like unit of their own race which cost 15 gold. Only human villages will be able to recruit a 25 gold unit (the general) and boats, so human villages keep an advantage on non-human villages.
This looks like a good idea. But what would be with amphiboa? Currently boats can be recruited there. Your version supports the same? Also, if there are non-human villages on the coast, I think if boats are not allowed, there will be no way we can defend those cities.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

ViK wrote: This looks like a good idea. But what would be with amphiboa? Currently boats can be recruited there. Your version supports the same? Also, if there are non-human villages on the coast, I think if boats are not allowed, there will be no way we can defend those cities.
i also think that non human cities should be able to have boats, perhaps no 25 gold boats, but normal and medium boats are important

there could be also 2 new cavalry units:

knight (10 gold)
knight image
stats:
150 HP
10 move
22 - 6 blade damage (as ususal)
(normal knight movement/defnds and resists (except blade is 100% - as usual)

Grand Knight (20 gold)
grand knight image
stats:
250 HP
10 move
44 - 6 blade as usual
(normal knight movement/defnds and resists (except blade is 100% - as usual)

stas can be used as a base for any 10 or 20 gold units (following the already approved balance rules) , differences would automatically apply due to different movement type (infantry would have 7 or 8 moves but better terrain defense for example)
Last edited by Mabuse on April 8th, 2010, 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Alistar

Post by Alistar »

I mean on the europe map
it chould have a few more units :)

oh... and for the europe map there is a bug for boarding a ship
when you board with an old unit you bought like on turn 1 and moved for a village
then move it back and board... the game crashes

new unit tipes :

this game chould really use an defence unit
heavy infantryman
10-5 attack
200 HP
~ gold
swordman (off unit)
30-5 attack
90 hp
~ gold
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

btw, here are two new images of boats (raide from the art contribution forum)

i honestly think the current boats (especially the transport) look not so good, also the galeon look sbigger than the war galeon, in any case i think the graphical appeariance of the boats can be enhanced and more boats types may be added.

here are two new boat gfx.

the disadvantages using them would be that user who sont have the download coulnd use them, but since you now have the maintenance of the mod, so the download is regularly updated and available on add-on srver this shoulnd be a problem.

possible new/improved boat gfx (from ar contrib forum, which i regularly raid ;))
dhow.png
dhow.png (5.13 KiB) Viewed 4146 times
caravel.png
caravel.png (7.87 KiB) Viewed 4146 times

stas of new boats wodl automatically be the same of equivalent land unts, differences are only movetype
Alistar

Post by Alistar »

Hey mabuse can u uppdate europe map ? to like have 3-4 more units
alda

Post by alda »

But what would be with amphiboa? Currently boats can be recruited there. Your version supports the same?
In Amphiboa, you can recruit merfolk so you don't really need boats (well, you wont be able to recruit a 25 gold water unit, but that's not really a problem, at least not for early game).

Also, if there are non-human villages on the coast, I think if boats are not allowed, there will be no way we can defend those cities.
Actually for the moment, the only situation where it really matters is the undead territory on JelWan map. But you still can have ghosts over water, and if you really want to have big boats, you can still bring ones from a human city you control. Are boats really important here ?
Alistar

Post by Alistar »

hmm... i see nowhone likes the europe map ;)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Alistar wrote:Hey mabuse can u uppdate europe map ? to like have 3-4 more units
alda has maintenance of the mod ;)
so ask him ;)

i only make suggestions
ViK

Post by ViK »

Alistar wrote:hmm... i see nowhone likes the europe map ;)
Alistar, while some 'defense' units you suggested could be added, I think europe should be left to 1 faction, unlike wesnoth and island maps.

If there are more inputs for 'defense' units, I can go ahead and update the europe map.
alda

Post by alda »

Yeah, new units could sure be added on Europe and the other maps, but just be patient :).

And Mabuse, the boat images look great !
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

@alistair:
--------------

but in general i dont mind having "defensive" units
balance would go in the direction of being slightly stronger than normal units but have less movement.

"pikeman"-unit (5 gold)
pikeman image
100 HP
4 move
12 - 6 blade damage (as ususal)
(normal pikeman movement/defends and resists (except blade is 100% - as usual)

EDITED for better balance.
so this would be an equivalant to the 5 gold cavalry, useage mostly defensive, its clearly stronger than cavalry (+10 HP, better terrain defense especially in city) but a lot slower