Looking for mapmaking input

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Looking for mapmaking input

Post by Turuk »

Cruz wrote:Maybe you played me ingame?
Perhaps, I don't usually remember people but the name sounds familiar.

I was undead and you were... dwarves I think? The sides were much narrower then, as I remember I put a bone shooter on the left path and held it against a couple of gryphons.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Cruz

Post by Cruz »

Sounds probable :)

Is there anywhere in spesific one should hand inn a map if you want to "Publish" it to the "wesnoth public"?
(I feel the map is pretty good atm :geek: )
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I would create a map pack and put it on the add-on server. You can find information about creating a .pbl for that in the wiki, and you can also download a mappack from the server in order to see how others have done it.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Cruz

Post by Cruz »

Ugh, That looked like unfamiliar work, and i can feel my procrastination bulding up at the mere seach for it on the wiki :cry:

Will probably try to do it in a few days, untill then i guess i should tune it even more, as best i can. :annoyed:
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Cruz wrote:Ugh, That looked like unfamiliar work, and i can feel my procrastination bulding up at the mere seach for it on the wiki :cry:

Will probably try to do it in a few days, untill then i guess i should tune it even more, as best i can. :annoyed:

It's not hard at all, and if you can't be bothered to learn the simple WML to put it up on the server, how do you expect people to play it?
Cruz

Post by Cruz »

Lets just say i was pertty sleep deprived when that was posted :wink:
Hence the reference to doing it in a few days. Why do people so tend to interpret others so negativly :lol2:

Imstarted another thread about tuning it before i upload it
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26427

And for your input Turuk, don't think we don't appreciate it :)
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

In the future, don't make a new thread solely to discuss a very similar idea, as you had already discussed the map in this thread already and gotten the same input you are looking for in that thread.

Locked.