Competitive Speedrun (2p)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

norbert

Competitive Speedrun (2p)

Post by norbert »

After finishing my first MP scenario, I have been working non-stop for a week to finish something cooler. And... I think I succeeded. In fact, I'm quite happy with the outcome. :D It's a scenario type that I haven't seen before. As you can see in the attached screenshot, two players will try to reach the green orb in the middle in a spiral. If a player steps on a brazier, the next section opens, an AI enemy shows up, and the previous keep (if any) disappears. :wink: I uploaded this scenario to the main server.
Attachments
Competitive Speedrun
Competitive Speedrun
A Guy

Re: Competitive Speedrun (2p)

Post by A Guy »

First turn advantage is really prevalent here.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
norbert

Post by norbert »

A Guy wrote:First turn advantage is really prevalent here.
Yes, I know that it may seem that way. :wink: But if you play it, after the first cave section you will already notice that it won't have any impact on the final outcome. This map requires way more turns than one might think. :eng: Try it out with a pal, I hope you'll like it. :)
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

In what way do the players interact? Other than whoever reaches the center first wins?
cretin

Post by cretin »

i assume its a race, correct? sounds interesting