SurvivalXtreme: Version 2.17.9!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

xtreme-one

Re: SurvivalXtreme: Version 2.17.7!

Post by xtreme-one »

I ran only SXC and BEEM and there is no SXC maps??? altho the BEEM maps and eras are there??
Is there supposed to be a CFG file and a folder for SXC in the add-ons folder? thanks
voris

Re: SurvivalXtreme: Version 2.17.7!

Post by voris »

xtreme-one wrote:I ran only SXC and BEEM and there is no SXC maps??? altho the BEEM maps and eras are there??
That's odd, indeed. BEEM is the only dependency for SXCollection so they should show up. I have updated my copy of it and haven't noticed the maps go away so I don't think -stf- has introduced a bug that would cause the maps to disappear. SXCollection is maintained by -stf- so I'm hoping he reads this and has a better idea what might be going on. :)
xtreme-one wrote:Is there supposed to be a CFG file and a folder for SXC in the add-ons folder? thanks
As for whether there should be a .cfg file in your addons folder the answer is: no. There should only be a SXCollection folder. The new way to set up an addon is to have a _main.cfg file in addon folder and that is how both SXCollection and SurvivalXtreme are doing it now. Last I checked I think SurvivalXAddOnPacks is using the old method so you should see a SurvivalXAddOnPacks.cfg file as well as folder for that one if you download it.
voris

Re: SurvivalXtreme: Version 2.17.8!

Post by voris »

Version 2.17.8 is out now!

I tweaked the bulk discounts to not be so ridiculous. They're not entirely gone but the discounts are minimal at best.

I also added a quickbuy catebory to the Enhancement section. This will let you spend all remaining gold on various items. There are currently choices to spend all remaining gold on Hitpoints, Melee Damage, Ranged Damage, and 4:1 ratios of Melee Damage/Strikes or Ranged Damage/Strikes.

I also made some minor changes to SX Curve Prime.
Jedarus

Re: SurvivalXtreme: Version 2.17.9!

Post by Jedarus »

Keep up the good work! This is my favourite MP scenario. Makes a change from all the head-to-head matches.
Riklaunim

Post by Riklaunim »

Hi all ;) I haven't been playing Wesnoth for some time. Good to see my maps are still in my favorite addon ;)
Pazx
Location: Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, ??? Dimension

Post by Pazx »

The current discounts are pretty good methinks.

Is the CPU boost when a human player dies or someone on team 1 dies? Also, what does the CPU get from it?

Anyways, I still love SX :D Been playing for ages.
MCP

Post by MCP »

-stf-
Braveheart pwned by two woses replay available(hopefully attached).
TOO big :(
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

If it is too big, just .zip it.
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
MCP

Post by MCP »

Ok thanks,

-stf- Remember Mabuse's No luck modification so we could actually play his maps?
Does your SXC have the no luck mod?

Does anyone happen to remember if it occurs auto-magically or does it happen at turn [X]?

Thanks.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

@mcp: Player1 can enable "no luck mode" at any time he wishes in my maps
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
tkocou

Post by tkocou »

Hello to all, I grabbed the SX collection from the add-on server. While trying different eras in the various SX scenarios, I uncovered a design flaw. Apparently, there is no cap on the number of recruits present on the map for the AI players. I played the SXCastleOfCantar by Mabuse using the Age of Legends era. I played a "come to Papa" strategy while building the human players (had control of all 5). By turn 10, the AI took a longer time to finish it's moves. By turn 20, the game had become unplayable because each AI was taking around 35-40 minutes to complete it's moves. And that occurred on a dual core 3.4Ghz machine with 2 Gigabytes of RAM! The scenarios maintained by voris seem a bit better in that respect. Has an anyone thought about capping the number of AI recruits, replacing them as they get killed off?
MCP

Post by MCP »

Tkocou, did you try right click and then 'No Luck Mod'?

Unless one of us rewrites an AI for Mabuse's map, at some point in every version of this game, the AI takes way too long. The AI has gotten more slow with every version and so, it takes forever.
tkocou

Post by tkocou »

MCP wrote:Tkocou, did you try right click and then 'No Luck Mod'?

Unless one of us rewrites an AI for Mabuse's map, at some point in every version of this game, the AI takes way too long. The AI has gotten more slow with every version and so, it takes forever.
Not yet. Thank you for the tip. I realize that the core of the problem is the decision process of the AI. Is the AI written in WML or C++?
MCP

Post by MCP »

Both C++ and Python. But the basic problem is the multiple path searching it does, causing it to do TOO MANY battle calculations.
The battle calculations take a LONG time because they are simulation rather than approximations, via a simple arithmetic equation.

We could, with some effort, write an SX AI that would be exactly the same as the base AI, except the battle calculations are done through approximations and the AI tries to terminate heroes with Extreme Prejudice.
tkocou

Post by tkocou »

MCP wrote:Both C++ and Python. But the basic problem is the multiple path searching it does, causing it to do TOO MANY battle calculations.
The battle calculations take a LONG time because they are simulation rather than approximations, via a simple arithmetic equation.

We could, with some effort, write an SX AI that would be exactly the same as the base AI, except the battle calculations are done through approximations and the AI tries to terminate heroes with Extreme Prejudice.
I agree with you about the calculations. I noticed that situation toward the end of a battle when I had terminated 3 of the 4 AIs, and the last AI had only a dozen troops. It took way too long to figure out it's moves.
I have looked at the source code for the default AI. IMHO, it's a mess. Probably could rewrite it as a multi-layered FSM (finite state machine) and have a cleaner code base. Just a thought, if someone was to rewrite the AI, maybe add all the 'nice' hooks to allow mod'n with text files.