Scenario: Conquer the Castle

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pk_JoA

Scenario: Conquer the Castle

Post by Pk_JoA »

I just made this 2 vs 1 map... it is very very very alpha release so there can be bugs and all. I played it with my brother and a friend for over 5 hours, and I don´t really know if it is well balanced. We play Rebels (player 1) against Undead and Northerns and I, Rebels, win, but dont really know if it about the map or just my luck/skill (generally I win when I play against my brother).

Here is what I already know that will change:
* Less woods and more mountains
* Fixing some of the villages (they cannot be grabbed)
* <probably any suggestion here>

I tried to make a fun map above all, and I think I did it (5 hours playing without tiring is not little, at least for me)
Just let my your opinion, I will take anything in consideration and this is the first map I do, so please, mercy :P.

Download:
3 jug - La invasión del castillo.cfg
To install: put in your /username/.wesnoth1.5/editor/maps/
(5.75 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Jequ

Re: Scenario: Conker the castle

Post by Jequ »

For easier analyzing.
kthxbai
Pk_JoA

Re: Scenario: Conker the castle

Post by Pk_JoA »

Just make version 0.02. I eliminate some of the advantages of player one, put more deep water of the side of player 2, added quite a lot of mountains and 2 new castles for player 2 and 3 (or when P1 wants to escape), took out a LOT of trees.
I can´t test this, because there are no 3 players in my house now and playing on-line will be difficult (due to nobody hast the map :P ) -- If you can and want to play it with me, just ask it here. I will be glad to play against anyone of you.

Thanks Jeque for posting and image, here it is one of the new version:
Conquer the castle - V 0.02
Conquer the castle - V 0.02
You can download the new version here:
3 jug - La invasión del castillo.cfg
3p - Conquer the castle V 0.02
(5.75 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Jequ

Re: Scenario: Conquer the Castle

Post by Jequ »

I can´t test this, because there are no 3 players in my house now and playing on-line will be difficult (due to nobody hast the map :P ) -- If you can and want to play it with me, just ask it here. I will be glad to play against anyone of you.
Actually only host needs the map data so everyone can join and play your game with no problems.
Pk_JoA

Re: Scenario: Conquer the Castle

Post by Pk_JoA »

I did not know that :P. Guess I will test it right now :D ! Thanks!!