Can we get some new maps for ladder ?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Perun

Can we get some new maps for ladder ?

Post by Perun »

Hi dear Wesnothians
I was wondering could anybody make some new maps for ladder?
Maybe tops 3 new? I like very much Caves of Basiliks cause its simple,maybe one or two in that direction ?
Howling ghost badlands is real refreshment,thx to Doc on that.

Regards Perun
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Re: Can we get some new maps for ladder ?

Post by Doc Paterson »

Well, I could give you guys some prototypes, but as they all use quite a bit of the "new" (dev branch) terrain, you'd have to play them on that server.

If there's enough interest though, I'll post one or two of them up, in the near future.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Perun

Post by Perun »

Doc Paterson wrote:Well, I could give you guys some prototypes, but as they all use quite a bit of the "new" (dev branch) terrain, you'd have to play them on that server.

If there's enough interest though, I'll post one or two of them up, in the near future.
Well its only me for now i think...
Well i cant wait to see the new stuff :D
But the question is when ladder games will be on 1,5,x and 1,6x
Thx Doc for making us happy :)
Hagbart

Post by Hagbart »

Hey Doc, Hey Perun;

The Idea of a few new laddermaps sounds appealing to say the least.

Only to play the same 10 maps over and over agiain gets quiet boring over the time;
Due to the fact, that the ladder comunity is growing ( 100 listed players a few month ago and today 135) I think there is enough interest for (at least testwise) new maps;

I would have no problems with doing a few testruns myselfe or help balancing unfinished maps.
The new terrain is pretty useful, btw; especially the new variety of forrests one can choose from; the coastal reeve is also interesting with its 70% defense for fishes; also the new 1.6 branch will be out soon I asume, so it would be the right time to rush some more 1v1 maps into 1.6.1 :)

greetings, Hagbart
Des

Post by Des »

Doc Paterson wrote:Well, I could give you guys some prototypes, but as they all use quite a bit of the "new" (dev branch) terrain, you'd have to play them on that server.
Doc,

I'm remaking my 2 Player Clash map. Should I use the dev branch map editor to get that new terrain in for the 1.6 release?
Redrock Gulch (Winter 2009 Map Contest Submission)

To rely on rustics and not prepare is the greatest of crimes; to be prepared beforehand for any contingency is the greatest of Virtues. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War