Phun in Multiplayer Land...

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ASK

Phun in Multiplayer Land...

Post by ASK »

In conjunction with my other idea (for multiplayer persistent online campaign) as well as the fact that Multiplayer will likely get more play as we get closer to v1, we really should be making more multiplayer maps. I'm currently in the process of writing one up. Also, do we have any lava terrain atm?
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Nope, though I'd realy like to see terrain with damage modifiers if people would stay on it for more than 1 turn.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I have a really crazy 3-player map, but it keeps having OOS errors. I work on multiplayer maps when I'm not busy with some random campaign. (no pun intended.)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
AT

Post by AT »

Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."
ASK

Scripting for Multiplayer

Post by ASK »

For some reason, either because I don't have any coffee in my bloodstream yet, or because I'm not quite awake, I can't seem to find the information for the scripts needed for MP maps. Anyone got any help?
Dacyn

Re: Scripting for Multiplayer

Post by Dacyn »

do you mean this?
ASK

Yep, that's it, Dacyn...

Post by ASK »

BTW, gratzi for pointing that out to me.