MP coop campaign: World Conquest

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

savagust

Re: MP coop campaign: World Conquest

Post by savagust »

I have played it many many times but I am still having fun. :lol2:
The elements in this campaign are more than enough to make the game interesting. However, I am really greedy and want more items and factions to play! I think that is one of the greatest MP campaign.

(Here is a small trick for those who want to play the faction from other era. You can simply delete the following lines in "scenario.cfg". It will give you the full recruit list of your selected faction from the beginning and also one unit from the recruit list of your "hidden" faction after each scenario. Sadly, it would ruin the fun of getting new units. )

Code: Select all

[set_recruit]
							side=$I
							recruit=$group[$J].leader[$K].recruit
						[/set_recruit]
AND

Code: Select all

[set_recruit]
					side=$I
					recruit=$group[$player[$I].group].leader[0].recruit
				[/set_recruit]
You may use elementals to conquer the world now! :D
grrr

Post by grrr »

This is a modified version (1.6) with increased difficulty for those playing WC as 2p coop because of it. I am looking at you, team WC.

(Extract contents to your ".wesnoth1.6/data/campaigns" folder, or whatever is appropiate for other platforms.)

Edit: I effed up the WML events for the gold bonus (it would only fire once, but if you think about the nature of events then this is a very stupid default anyway). Fixed now. Only God knows how much I *love* WML and how I *missed* using it.
Attachments
World_Conquest.zip
(39.11 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
JW

Post by JW »

Oh hey, since I'm not really maintaining anything, send whoever the .pbl for the 1.7 version of this thing: whoever wants to maintain it.

I'm assuming grrr might step into that role. :)
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

grrr wrote:it would only fire once, but if you think about the nature of events then this is a very stupid default anyway.
I agree it's a stupid default. Unfortunately, changing it would break so many things that I never summoned the courage to do so. :oops:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Really great campaingn, I just cant stop playing it :shock:

I must say I think all bonus options are well balanced and I use them all adapting myself to my army, map, and campaingn needs. (I just use the 60 gold bonus in map 1 when I am the player that is very close to AI keep, but is very usefull there).

But I found a bug (or I think is a bug). I tried a lot of times in map 1 give range training to my elf army, and this is why I found

1- elf archers always get it, they do 6-4 or 7-4 destrous ones.

2- elf fighters only get it when dextrous, so they do 3-3 or 5-3 in range.

3- Same for shamans, 3-2 or 5-2 dextrous ones

4- I am not sure with scouts, but I think they have the same problem as fighters and shamans.

Anyway, VERY NICE JOB :)

EDIT: Sorry, there is not bug, it is just I didnt understand that range training wasnt just +1 range damge. Natasiel explained me is a percentage of damage increase.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
anuviel

Post by anuviel »

This might seem like a silly question however I was wondering if it is at all possible to play the campaign with units from a different era. Every time I select a different era I only receive a commander from that era and the rest of the units are from the default era. It is my understanding that it is hard coded in the campaign. it would be nice if different eras could be put in and offered as a choice...

- regular player
hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Post by hay207 »

anuviel wrote:This might seem like a silly question however I was wondering if it is at all possible to play the campaign with units from a different era. Every time I select a different era I only receive a commander from that era and the rest of the units are from the default era. It is my understanding that it is hard coded in the campaign. it would be nice if different eras could be put in and offered as a choice...

- regular player
hi all
any answer to this question
i seem that i can play ageless era for ex with 7 seasons campaign but not this one
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
cupcake

Post by cupcake »

i recently started playing this map, and i was wondering: what exactly does the training do? for example, i tried training experience, but i don't notice anything different.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

In wesnoth 1.10.7, when trying to observe, I get this error even though I have the updated version of add-on installed
error.png
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

@max_torch: That is an engine bug in both BfW 1.10 and 1.12 that affects any MP campaign. Nothing related to add on.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Kente

Post by Kente »

World Conquest 1 will be upgraded to be played in 1.12? i tryed to search in the add-ons but i have only found WC2
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Kente wrote:World Conquest 1 will be upgraded to be played in 1.12? i tryed to search in the add-ons but i have only found WC2
Wich features from WC do you miss in WC II?
WC II is not only a redesign, it is also a maintenance of classic WC. If you dislike something from WC II innovations, would have more sense modify it to your taste rather than adapt classic one to 1.12 and miss lot of fixes/additions that I bet you would probably enjoy, imho.
In case you miss something that would take me little effort to include as option, I would do it :)
World Conquest II
Kente

Post by Kente »

tekelili wrote:
Kente wrote:World Conquest 1 will be upgraded to be played in 1.12? i tryed to search in the add-ons but i have only found WC2
Wich features from WC do you miss in WC II?
WC II is not only a redesign, it is also a maintenance of classic WC. If you dislike something from WC II innovations, would have more sense modify it to your taste rather than adapt classic one to 1.12 and miss lot of fixes/additions that I bet you would probably enjoy, imho.
In case you miss something that would take me little effort to include as option, I would do it :)
(english it's not my language, so i hope this will be understandable)

well, i don't like the dual-mode recruitment, specially the situation when i want to recruit the Y unit and i have to recruit X first. In this case if i want recruit 2 Y i need to recruit 2 X as well (further as a not experienced WC2 players, i have to check everytime what is the units couple). I would like to have the possibility to play just one Default army even without the "add a recruit unit in the list" bonus like in WC1

Further, the whole training system idea is a little too chaotic (or maybe i don't fully understand it): i like the general idea, but when you get a "new training" bonus from the map-points is too random and too wide and i have constantly check what unit has what bonus. As the game goes on, i have also too check my full recall list to check every units what training bonuses has due to the random map-points bonus don't add to the next map recruitment (well, maybe you changed that i played WC2 last time in october)

last point, i know the reason why you have deleted map5, but i feel 5 maps are too few. Maybe it would be good add another different map (i mean, maybe not a cave map, but another map)

if you prefer, i can write those points in the WC2 thread

edit: anyway i wish thank you for both campaign, i really wnjoyed played WC1 and probably in the future i will enjoy play WC2 ;)
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

WC II can be played with Default Era. Just for technical reasons is more comfortable for most players have WC II enabled as only one allowed, but if you go to your add ons folder and edit World Conquest II/config.cfg file (by just changing a "no" for a "yes"), you can play with other eras. Default should not have any problem to work well.

Edit: Training last forever in WC II, you dont lose their benefict on new recruits in next maps.

Edit2: About map number, well, I can not help you there. From my point of view WC II has in fact more maps than Classic WC, because players´army power curve made "impossible" players becomed defeated at map5 or map6 if they were able to beat first 4 maps. I guess you could get used to just 5 maps if you give WC II more tries ;)
World Conquest II
Kente

Post by Kente »

tekelili wrote:WC II can be played with Default Era. Just for technical reasons is more comfortable for most players have WC II enabled as only one allowed, but if you go to your add ons folder and edit World Conquest II/config.cfg file (by just changing a "no" for a "yes"), you can play with other eras. Default should not have any problem to work well.
oh, i didn't noticed that. I guess it's time to try again
tekelili wrote:Edit: Training last forever in WC II, you dont lose their benefict on new recruits in next maps.
mmm, even for the training that spawn by the map-point bonus? i was sure, you lose that, but maybe i remember wrong or it was a little bug

edit: i have just tryed WC2 in 1.10 and 1.12. In 1.10 if i select Default Era, when i start it appears a message which said me the game will change the setting giving me a random faction (which it does). In 1.12 i'm not allowed at all to start a game with Default Era, but only with WC2 era