Galactic Empires (MP Sci-fi Scenario)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Bob_The_Mighty

Re: Galactic Empires (MP Sci-fi Scenario)

Post by Bob_The_Mighty » July 10th, 2018, 7:22 pm

Hey Dornteufel. That's odd, it works for me. Must be that there's a lower/upper case mismatch in the map's filename, which Windows accepts but Ubuntu doesn't. In any case, I've just uploaded a new version (with exactly one change to a single character!) which should work for you too.
My current projects:
2p Campaign: The Altaz Mariners
3p Survival: Save The Village

Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food » July 14th, 2018, 3:58 am

Kipples wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 10:34 am
I think that this still is not quite correct implementation though as the losers will get a "victory" screen but at least the game ends where expected.
Unfortunately, I think this is one of those rough areas where MP is not yet quite supported by Combat Tiles Wesnoth.

I've never tested this, but seems — per the DirectActionsWML#.5Bendlevel.5D — that you can work around by doing something like

Code: Select all

result =   GalaEmpi game_over
and then having something like

[event]
name =   GalaEmpi game_over
which runs a proc that determines whether to show a “Victory!” or “Defeat…” message for each player. E.g. triggering victory event handle for one and defeat for the others.
Of course, such a proc could be a node of OOS divergence with the players; however, so long as you don't mind replays differing finally and [campaign] being impossible, it could be a viable cosmetic trick.

octalot
Code Contributor

Post by octalot » August 6th, 2018, 8:20 pm

This is in GE 3.2.0, and looks like it might cause the UI to change behaviour in other multiplayer games (the core version doesn't have check_fogged=false).

warning preprocessor: Redefining macro SCROLL_TO without explicit #undef at ~add-ons/Galactic_Empires/./files/misc_macros.cfg:194
    included from ~add-ons/Galactic_Empires/_main.cfg:19
previously defined at core/macros/interface-utils.cfg:132
    included from core/_main.cfg:18
    included from _main.cfg:18
Also, you should replace true/false with yes/no :eng:

atomopawn_

Post by atomopawn_ » August 17th, 2018, 11:14 pm

In order to get this working with the latest version of Wesnoth in git, I had to:

1. Delete MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR from all files:

find -name \*.cfg -exec sed -i '/MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR/d' {} \;
2. Replace ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_1 with ABILITY_LEADERSHIP in Veteran.cfg (under dwartha).

Just a heads-up for anyone who wants to try this mod out with 1.15-dev (1.14.4 introduced a bug that causes Wesnoth to crash if you accidentally try to use a transport to attack something -- this seems to be fixed in 1.15-dev).

PastaSaucey

Post by PastaSaucey » September 28th, 2018, 8:42 pm

Hello there Bob!

Yeah, I'm having a bit of a problem with running my own local 2 or 4 player GEA game. Ok, it's a major problem.
You see, every time I chose a GEA map, it tells me to select an era that will match it (i.e. the Galactic Empires Era itself) right? Well, whenever that happens, the engine ends up selecting the era that appears just below the GEA on my list of eras :doh:.
And when I try to select the GEA era itself, the engine always tells me to select a map that matches the era. But on the list of maps, not a single GEA map appears, so I was wondering, first, if anyone else had that problem, and also how I can fix it please.

Thanks.
Think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram