New to the forum (and mapmaking)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Notesurfer

Re: New to the forum (and mapmaking)

Post by Notesurfer »

I just playtested the Kaloan Islands map, and found one major problem: the southern pair of central keeps were too far north in comparison to the northern two. After I rectified the problem I found that the map played out rather nicely, with the four races represented (undead, rebels, northerners, knalgans) having a relatively balanced set of advantages/disadvantages. The updated version of the map has been added above.

I'll work on the other map later - it's way too late in this old bird's time zone to be playing around with Wesnoth. XD
Notesurfer

Post by Notesurfer »

I have updated my Boreal Forests map - the txt can be found here.

Things I changed:

Cut down quite a few trees while still trying to keep the overall feel of the map foresty. Added a few more keeps to speed things up a bit. I did add some mountains, but I'm not sure it really needs many more than it already has. Correct me if I'm wrong XD
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

One suggestion I would really like to make, though not on the map- it's much, much more productive to get information from people across the server- not saying you should stop posting your map updates on the forum, but the previous method is more effective. If you'd like, if you see me on the server this weekend, if I'm not occupied, you can drag me over to look at your map. And if you're lucky, I might have time to playtest it with you. :wink:
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.