Wesband, MP dungeon-crawler (now for Wesnoth 1.9.14+ !)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wesband 0.2.0, completed combat

Post by Ken_Oh »

I was playing over network today and had problems because I was using Wesnoth 1.6.1 while others were using 1.6.2. The dungeon was generated the same but the floor themes were different as were the random floor terrain. Anyway, I got everyone on 1.6.2 and it fixed it.
MCP

Re: Wesband 0.2.0, completed combat

Post by MCP »

It is 100% possible someone was lying and was not using 1.6.2 *cough* ZEUS *cough*
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Re:

Post by Ken_Oh »

New release for a couple big changes.

First, since there are some issues with having the era and campaign as separate entities, plus it's kind of pain to make everyone download both all of the time, the era is now merged with the campaign. Please delete the era and be sure to not use it when loading the campaign.

Also, Exasperation made some code that introduces right-clicking to move up or down stairs. It works pretty well, but there is another issue in Wesnoth that simply means you have to end your turn before the scenarios can change.

Hopefully we found all of the bugs related to the merge so we can start working on the magic system. Enjoy!
paridoth

Re: Wesband 0.2.1, right-click to go up/down, era+campaign merge

Post by paridoth »

I just updated to latest, and i go and load a game me and a friend where playing and whenever i get onto a stairway down i see this and there is no way to continue =(

Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

I believe you have to start a new game. The updates don't work with loaded games.
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Oh, OK. I was wondering what the problem was because I wasn't able to reproduce it.

Yeah, it's safe to assume that most updates aren't backwards compatible. That's the price of progress. If you want the 0.2.0 version of Wesnoth back, you can get it here.
thecloud

Post by thecloud »

A bug: I was able to enter the weapons shop, and buy and sell stuff, from this spot:

Maybe it's the well? I can send a save if you guys need it.

Edit: and again, this time with the tavern:
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

OK, I fixed this one before, but I guess things changed somewhere along the way. Thanks for the report.
paridoth

Post by paridoth »

hmm i just reinstalled wesnoth and installed wesband from the addons server but when i go to create a game i cant choose any era but default and age of heroes =(
Exasperation

Post by Exasperation »

With the newest version, the era has been merged into the campaign (see earlier post by Ken_Oh for explanation) - just choose default.
em3

Post by em3 »

Is it a bug, or a feature, that weapon specials work only on the main weapon in dual wield?

I'm referring to stuff like dash, skirmisher or staff magic bonuses.
ride on shooting star
paridoth

Post by paridoth »

what is Goliaths bane? and who can use it?
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

em3: Dash might work only with the first weapon. I don't think skirmisher works only with the first weapon, does it? I don't see how that can be possible. I thought I opened that all up. I'll look into it if I haven't.

Except for staff magic bonuses. I'm not sure we want players having something like 150% bonuses to their magic, but I'm always open to arguments on why they should.

paridoth: Goliath Bane can be used be humans (maybe elves too?) on slings. It gives you a bonus for each level of the defending unit. I can't remember the multipliers for the weapon special levels, but if it's 10, then you get a 20% bonus to damage on units that are level 2, or a 50% damage bonus on units that are level 5, etc.
cloakedranger

Post by cloakedranger »

Been having fun with this for awhile now I just upgraded to the newest version and quite happy with the bug fixes. However, I can't seem to get the gold... I kinda like the idea of it being on the ground, but when I try to pick it up, no items are listed... Now, it doesn't say "there are no items to get" either. Just, the only option is end, and it doesn't get the gold. I've searched this entire thread and also looked in the wesband help, and I couldn't find anything on it... so I'm going to assume it's a bug. If I am doing something wrong, let me know though.

Nevermind... I found out the problem. I was still using the era part of it also; I just read the post about not using it... lol. Sorry for the false alarm. I'll probably be posting suggestions later. I love this scenario by the way :D Keep up the good work :)
gigglestick

Post by gigglestick »

OK, a few things I've noticed about the updated Wesband.

1) While the Shyde heals 8 when she heals, my wizard only cures 4, even though the description in the ability says the wizard (white) should cure 8

2) Is there any way to make characters either:

a) move a number of actions until they enounter an enemy/ turn red or

b) have all of the characters move to a similar point.

this is because during the game, when a level is nearly cleared and you have to go back across half of the map, it takes FOREVER to get the entire party moved 8-11 turns...

Also, does it list which blades are light blades and which are heavy?