Bob's RPG Era (now with achievements!)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Max

Re: Bob's RPG Era

Post by Max »

why don't you link to your other post here? http://wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29919
hart02

Post by hart02 »

I had a thought about how pickpocket allows you to steal gold from other units. I would like to see a skill or defect where the opposite happens. The unit loses gold to its attacker.This would be applied to some monsters.I have some code that I tried to use but had trouble getting to work.Feel free to us and modify it.You will find it here
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29970
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes! It seems that a select few have a talent learning out of others mistakes which many politicians lack.
Author of Era Of Two Suns
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Okay, I've done a ton of work on my RPG Era. The latest version is: 1.3.

As well as lots of bug fixes and tweaks I've added a whole batch of new inventory items. However, the biggest change is the addition of a 'Competitive Mode' - this allows the era to be used on survivals and normal battle maps. Once you've got the add-on you will see "Bob's RPG Era: Competitive Mode" in your choice of eras. In this mode, your characters can do all the things they normally do, but they get recruits and a shop is automatically placed on their keep. Of course, for RPGs use the regular RPG era.

Here's all the changes to 1.3:
- Added a 'Competitive Mode' era for survivals and battle maps, which assigns each character a default recruit list (also, there are no scattered items - instead a well-stocked shop is placed on the player's keep)
- Fixed all the pango mark-up
- Included some extra portraits and unit images so the era doesn't rely on players having all the mainline campaigns to see them
- Fixed the bug that gave elves 100% on bridges over deep water
- Changed the Vagabond Mage sprite from Battle Princess to Princess, so all characters use level 2 sprites
- Talents like concoction and trapper are not available on off-map terrain (_off^_usr)
- Fixed the snow-trekking perk and the snow shoes item
- Fixed certain race-related perks showing incorrectly
- Psycho is now only triggered by melee attacks
- Fixed the bug that prevented players picking up a dead character's gold
- The power of Conjurers have been reduced: they now get level 0 units from clay, slime and yoll tree bark (the other conjured units are the same)
- Disallowed the use of potions and herbs that heal/cure/unslow when character is not injured/poisoned/slowed
- I've hidden the option for magicians to change their ranged weapon, since it cannot be done
- It's no longer possible to praise/curse a leader of a non-existant side
- Herbalists require 2 ulox rocks instead of 1 to improve max hp
- It is no longer possible to move on subsquent turns without creating your character first
- Fixed illuminates/darkens aura
- Added Dwarf Pathfinder to the Ranger Class
- Modified prices of all items in shops, generally making stuff much cheaper (I've tried to bring the prices of items in line with the cost of recruiting default units)
- Added stances and inventory to right-click menu, for ease of use
- Tidied up the code, menu icons and some images
- I've hidden some of the headings in the improve character menu, when no more upgrades are available
- I made it so the widsom perk, herbalism and the mind juice potion can't lower max xp below 10
- Vagabonds cannot be cowardly
- Added new inventory item: Nim Boots (+10% defence on flat terrain)
- Added new inventory item: Walking Boots (+1 movement)
- Added new inventory item: Magic Bean (grows a great tree)
- Added new inventory item: tent (creates a temporary mini-village for healing)
- Added new inventory item: suicide bomb (inflicts 10 damage on all adjacent units, including yourself)
- Added new inventory item: map (removes shroud within 10 hexes)
- Added new inventory item: Tongue of Mockery (Sends all adjacent units into a mini-berserk frenzy)
- Improved animations for pickpocketing and taming
- Added new Master Vagabond weapon-special: Surprise (any unit that moves next to you gets automatically hit with 1 melee strike before combat begins)
- Added descriptions to the concoction menu to remind players what all the different potions do
- Added Power (melee damage upgrade) as an option for Master Vagabonds, and Accuracy (ranged damage upgrade) as an option for Master Magicians
- Fixed a bug which stopped rangers with 4 strikes getting all the Accuracy perks they are supposed to
- Editing lots of the weapon's icons, descriptions and stats.
- Added new weapons to inventory: Plague Staff, Feathered Javelin, Heavy Crossbow, Customised Sling, Tomahawk (and Turuk's weapon descriptions)
- Artifical means of dealing damage (like bombs and the surprise ability) cannot kill a unit outright. Instead the best they can do is to reduce hp to 1, like poison. this saves the xp for the kill
- Altered the shop macro so that shops can be placed mid-scenario, not just at the start as before.
- Also fixed the macro to place generic shops (with generic shops you do not need to specify what the shop has in stock)
- Updated Labyrinth of Champions, Into The Underworld and Fall of Trent (added shops and some items)
Thanks again to those who reported bugs and suggested improvements. Keep them coming...
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Slann

Post by Slann »

Hi, great Job Bob. I think there is a bug with rangers, on firstrike talent

You can take firststrike whenever you want, although it spend points as should do.
Panda_

Post by Panda_ »

Something may be wrong.

Lately, I got Bob's era and Fall of Trent. But I can't create the map. I got an error when I select the scenario.
Isawa Aneko
Ishiken

"Dead ? Me ? My clan is in danger, and the Empire is falling ! I don't have time to die !"
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Panda_ wrote:Something may be wrong.

Lately, I got Bob's era and Fall of Trent. But I can't create the map. I got an error when I select the scenario.
What sort of error was it? When it happens again, can you tell me what it says in the stderr.txt file? What version or Wesnoth are you using?
My current projects:
Panda_

Post by Panda_ »

Wesnoth 1.8.0 (Ubuntu), the following messages are in the console as I can't find any stderr.txt file.

When I select the map (I'm not able to create the multiplayer game):

Code: Select all

20100622 22:58:11 error config: map could not be loaded: Condition '!(header_offset == std::string::npos || comma_offset < header_offset)' failed at map.cpp:163 in function 'read'.
Also, before getting Fall of Trent, I didn't have lot's of those messages:

Code: Select all

20100622 22:57:00 error config: File not found '        
    [set_variable]
        name=waves[$wave_id].wasser[$wasser_id].type
        value="Ghost"
    [/set_variable]
PS: Sorry for poluting this thread.
Isawa Aneko
Ishiken

"Dead ? Me ? My clan is in danger, and the Empire is falling ! I don't have time to die !"
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

None of that stuff really makes sense to me, so I'm at a loss. I've played the Trent map with the RPG era, and I've seen others do it. Maybe you should try it on 1.8.2. Also, perhaps it is one of your other add-ons causing a conflict? There is no ghost in the rpg era, for a start.
My current projects:
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

that's from the Nosmos Survival Pack, uploading a fixed version now.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Panda_

Post by Panda_ »

Even with only Fall of Trent, I got the same errors :(~
Isawa Aneko
Ishiken

MrEPIC

Post by MrEPIC »

Check the scenario file: I remember that the map_name field near the top has Fall_OF_Trent.map. Correct that and you will be able to play.
3 player co-op campaign: The Haunted Woods (v1.6.19)
1v1 campaign: Tug of War (v0.4.0)
Panda_

Post by Panda_ »

After connecting to the Multiplayer Server:
20100702 19:43:29 error filesystem: Could not open '/home/panda/.wesnoth1.8/editor/maps/rdmNew1v1' for reading.

When I select the map:
20100702 19:43:44 error config: map could not be loaded: Condition '!(header_offset == std::string::npos || comma_offset < header_offset)' failed at map.cpp:163 in function 'read'.

I removed all Add-Ons except Fall of Trent and Bob's era.
Isawa Aneko
Ishiken

itota

Post by itota »

hi Panda.

if u remove all add-ons including Fall of Trent and Bob's era?

btw filesystem can be broken according to the error message, cant it?

so u may have to reinstall wesnoth or .. os. i am not very sure tho.

but "more haste, less speed" often works ^^;)
Panda_

Post by Panda_ »

MrEPIC wrote:Check the scenario file: I remember that the map_name field near the top has Fall_OF_Trent.map. Correct that and you will be able to play.
Thanks, the map file name is:
The_Fall_OF_Trent_Map
whereas the config file says:
data/add-ons/The_Fall_Of_Trent/The_Fall_Of_Trent.cfg: map_data="{~add-ons/The_Fall_Of_Trent/map/The_Fall_Of_Trent_Map}"
Thus, I've renamed the file. Sadly the same mistake still occurs.

Then, I got Bob's era and the Labyrinth. It finally works.
Isawa Aneko
Ishiken

MrEPIC

Post by MrEPIC »

Panda_ wrote:
MrEPIC wrote:Check the scenario file: I remember that the map_name field near the top has Fall_OF_Trent.map. Correct that and you will be able to play.
Thanks, the map file name is:
The_Fall_OF_Trent_Map
whereas the config file says:
data/add-ons/The_Fall_Of_Trent/The_Fall_Of_Trent.cfg: map_data="{~add-ons/The_Fall_Of_Trent/map/The_Fall_Of_Trent_Map}"
Thus, I've renamed the file. Sadly the same mistake still occurs.
Probably because the cache was not reloaded.
Panda_ wrote: Then, I got Bob's era and the Labyrinth. It finally works.
That reloaded the cache.
In the future, you can delete the contents of the cache folder and all add-ons will reload. At least, that is my understanding.
3 player co-op campaign: The Haunted Woods (v1.6.19)
1v1 campaign: Tug of War (v0.4.0)