Do mages XP requirements to high?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

waterd103

Do mages XP requirements to high?

Post by waterd103 »

in the standard 70% exp mages need a soundly 42 exp to level up.
I didn't play that much but never saw one leveling up. They die before reaching such a high number (and of course, they are fragile and they are focused because they are dangerous if leaved untouched)
Maybe there is a reason.. don't know.
JW

Post by JW »

They're really freaking powerful.

You want to fight against an 8-4 magic user?
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

It is true that they do seem to take a lot more XP than the three comparable units, the Augur, Shaman and Dark Adept.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I was always under the impression that was to stop you from having easy accsess to their higher forms in campains.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

I've seen at least 2 lvl 2 mages in one game on the Westeros map (which usually takes 2 or more separate multi-hour sessions). That's about it...

I'm sure if you focused on feeding your mages xp, however, you could get a lvl 2. They're not as weak as the other magic users, which probably means they don't need to get to their lvl 2 to be very useful (Saurian) or survive (DA).
nebula955

Post by nebula955 »

this is why on survival i always get shaman and level those into arcane sorcoresses with as good attacks :)