Ladder Site Online...

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

chains

Re: Ladder Site Online...

Post by chains »

Unless someone wants to patch the ladder to download replays from the Wesnoth Replay Archive instead of from the ladder server, one of those 'unlimited' shared hosting accounts isn't going to cut it. I found the password to the FTP in my filezilla and I've accessed the server via IP address. There are some 25,000 untarred files to download, so it will be a while.

I'll put the ladder back up with a nice domain on my business virtual host shortly. Though if the devs feel generous, now would be a great time to setup ladder.wesnoth.org.
neki

Post by neki »

If you still need brutalwesnoth.com for hosting the ladder website, let me know at nekiwesnoth@gmail.com.
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

chains wrote: Though if the devs feel generous, now would be a great time to setup ladder.wesnoth.org.

that would be amazing
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

neki: In fact I was mainly talking about ladder.

I myself do not care about ladder or wesnoth enough to invest more time here. I wouldnt quit just because ladder is gone, others wouldnt either I think.
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

For some reason no one posted this yet however the ladder is up at a different site. Its at http://wesnoth.gamingladder.info/ GAME ON FOLKS!
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Cause it's a secret, silly! :)
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

Anyone have a clue why replays arent showing up? I see no replays showing up since this new ladder? quite sad since many people like watching top games without having to fish for them...
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

Yes, the new ladder address is:

wesnoth.gamingladder.info

Uploading replays isn't working currently, it's beeing worked on.
Last edited by Kolbur on December 10th, 2011, 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chains

Post by chains »

That is correct, the Wesnoth gaming ladder is back. I hadn't posted it yet, because i needed some testers to check it out. It has never been moved before and problems were expected. I believe replays are repaired. If there are any problems, feel free to contact me through gregboggs.com.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Does anyone know what this error is meant to mean? It only seems to happen to me...

Report Game Results

Sportsmanship set.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's p1 elves in the freelands. On turn 9 I get a leader kill opportunity which I m' at line 1

Is there a problem in something I'm writing in the comment? My reporting doesn't affect my elo graph or the ladder, but when someone else reports win vs me the ladder updates with everything but the graph still shows no win for me.
Last edited by Mint on December 11th, 2011, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

You could try to post without an apostrophe.
Mint

Post by Mint »

That could be it, but am I really the only one using the apostrophe? :geek:
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Thanks to most of top 20 ladder players, you are doing complet reports wich make record stats possible. However I sometimes find incomplete reports and have to download replay. I will do it during this month, but if I keep finding incomplete reports my work will be very hard.

I found a game without report and without save. I have no way to know map or p1/p2 in this game: http://wesnoth.gamingladder.info/gamede ... %3A20%3A49

If anyone can help me to fill this game stats it would be very appreciated.

Also remember ladder_top20 add on is already available on 1.8 add on server.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

tek kira1 was south side this match up which I THINK is side 1 you will have to load the map and see that for yourself. I know he was south for sure though.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

soul_steven wrote:tek kira1 was south side this match up which I THINK is side 1 you will have to load the map and see that for yourself. I know he was south for sure though.
Wich map?
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II