Ladder Site Online...

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sharur

Re: Ladder Site Online...

Post by Sharur »

Well, luckily I should have more than 2-3 days to work on it. I'll take a look at it later tonight and see if I can wrap my head around it :)

EDIT: It occurs to me I don't know where on the SVN the ladder project is. It doesn't seem to be part of the Wesnoth project, and I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the ladder FAQ.

EDIT 2: I'm in idiot, look in the thread of course :oops: Found it!
Sharur

Post by Sharur »

Next question: is this thread the appropriate place to discuss the design? I'd like to figure out what I'd be getting into before I commit to anything, but I'm not sure if this is the right place to do that.

To give an example of what I mean, one of the biggest design decisions I can think of is whether to have teams tied to multiple single-player accounts, or just have one team account, and let the team list its members on its profile page.

Of course if someone's already made these kinds of decisions and just wants to hand it off to someone to code, that works for me.
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

Some decisions have been made, yes. The "thread" would be my email and/or chat:

mail & jabber: eyerouge at gmail dot com
msn: subcodes at hotmail dot com

Plese send me a list of all questions and thoughts or contact me when I seem to be alive. I usually work a lot tuesdays to thursdays so don't be alarmed if I fail to respond at once ;)
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

I'm happy to see that the ladder is going strong and that things seem to work. I'd also like to share that the crew behind a well known engine (VASSAL) has contacted us about the ladder in their quest for a new ladder system. Although we haven't decided anything yet I'm sure that the ladder project (tribal bliss at sourceforge) will prevail as it has some nice code and is customizable, mostly thanks to chains & mr russ efforts.

With that said, I'm also officially resigning from the overtimed post as webadmin for the Wesnoth ladder site. It has been nice serving you guys and I still like both Wesnoth and the Ladder just like always, but real life has it's toll and I'd like to spend time on the development of my free & pro CCG instead.

As soon as you get a new webmaster, preferably a person that can handle ftp/(linux shell)/php/mysql, you should contact chains and he'll probably set up his access. If you want future updates of the ladder software itself it would perhaps also be wise to let me keep the access I currently have, else I wouldn't be able to support the webmaster if needed and if I had the opportunity to do so.

All php coders that want to help out adding new stuff to the ladder are, as always, also welcome to contact me - I'd help you get started and we'd support you in your work.

With best wishes
/eyerouge
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

thanks for all your hard work! You will be missed.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
TheMasterOfBattle

Post by TheMasterOfBattle »

Indeed, thanks eyerouge. I hope the CCG works out as I would like to play it when it is finished. :)
ElvenKing

Post by ElvenKing »

Yes, thank you eyerouge. The ladder is truly fantastic.
"if nothing we do matters... , then all that matters is what we do."
Angel- Angel the Series

"Sore thumbs. Do they stick out? I mean, have you ever seen a thumb and gone 'wow, that baby is sore'?"
Willow Rosenberg- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Cernunnos
Art Contributor

Post by Cernunnos »

Thanks a lot for all this good work :)
"While portrait art may be where Wesnoth gets its glamour, and sprite art may be where Wesnoth gets its zest, it's the terrain art that's so crucial to Wesnoth's polish - it's the canvas that the rest goes on." Sangel
3vil

Post by 3vil »

Hi,

Its been awhile.
I decided to log into the ladder site and iI noticed a couple new losses.

2009-01-24 07:23:28 Jann 3vil 1830 (7) 1465p (-17) - / 3 W 0Download Details
2009-01-15 03:26:51 AssassinT90 3vil 1478 (17) 1482p (-35) - / 3 W 4Download (4) Details

It seems someone has started to use my log-in name.
Any suggestions?
I dont plan to be very active for a couple more months but I really dont want to cross with another player and or be used.
I hope it is an innocent mistake, all i can do is guarantee 100 percent i did not play those games.
I have not played any competative games since the TOC4 2nd roud loss =-} :roll:
Madlok

Post by Madlok »

Ladder is good if you just want to play 1 vs 1 and you hate quitters. You don't even have to care your rank (but if you win you must report this).
Quick bats are quick.
KnightKunibert

Post by KnightKunibert »

Hello Eye,

Thanks for the ladder and your work. It would be nice to meet you on the wesnoth server and
have a match :D

Best Regards,

KK
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

I dont play ladder anymore. Can please someone delete the last game I didnt play on ladder and set me back to inactive?

thx
Celeborn006

Post by Celeborn006 »

hey I wanted to talk to you guys about the website could u PM me an e-mail or AIM or MSN or Yahoo messenger where I can contact you.
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

Celeborn006 wrote:hey I wanted to talk to you guys about the website could u PM me an e-mail or AIM or MSN or Yahoo messenger where I can contact you.
Every ladder page has the info in it's footer: contact: themasterofbattle (at) gmail (dot) com
Try that.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Replays of all observable games get now saved by the multiplayer server and are available here: http://wesnoth.org/replays/1.6

This might be especially interesting for the ladder (administrators) to be able to verify played games when there are disputes.

PS: I've noticed so far that for example a replay of Orocia was corrupt but otherwise they seem to work fine so I guess for standard games (like those played on the ladder) it'll work well.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott