Ladder Site Online...

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rigor

Re: Ladder Site Online...

Post by Rigor »

ah very nice, does this mean u can play 5 successive 1v1 games on predefined maps as a campaign and use the lvl2s and lvl3s from previous games? that would be a.w.e.s.o.m.e. :mrgreen: and if u didnt mean it that way, could u create such a campaign easily?
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

I'm actually not sure if we'll be needing any more council volunteers. I think we have a strong base now, and honestly, we can't take just anybody. I want veterans and masters! ;)

Rigor, Cackfiend, Kolbur, me, and TBS.

-would be great, imo. Because we sometimes have trouble convening at any one given time, I think it'd help the debating and voting process if we had a mini-forum for this council. That way, I could for example, post a thread like "Hamlets Rules," and those who wanted to could weigh in, and the council could ultimately have a vote on the issue of whether it's in or out of the ladder pack. I'd like to give access to anyone who's particularly interested in maps and/or the ladder, because there are a lot of players out there whose opinions I'd like to have, even though they'd not be on the council.

So, why have a mini-forum for the council?

1.It's technically ladder-business, and we're not supposed to have more than one ladder thread around here.
2. Discussing things in-game (as we have been doing, up to this point) works occasionally, but it's sometimes tough to get all of the people that we want to hear from in the same place at the same time. Sometimes I'll spend a lot of time discussing one particular point with somebody, and then have to repeat it several times- which is okay, but sometimes not the best use of time (and time restrictions are another issue). I like to organize my thoughts and points in one place, so that people can respond to them, piece by piece, at their own leisure. Anyways, of course we'd still discuss and debate things in real-time when we saw each other on the server, but I think having a little forum would help to keep the major issues organized, and help us to make decisions in a smoother and more balanced/all-members-inclusive way.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

sounds good to me Doc, weve been talking about this sort of thing for a long time :)

set it up! :eng:
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Rigor wrote:ah very nice, does this mean u can play 5 successive 1v1 games on predefined maps as a campaign and use the lvl2s and lvl3s from previous games? that would be a.w.e.s.o.m.e. :mrgreen: and if u didnt mean it that way, could u create such a campaign easily?
It just creates sets that are alternative to Adventurous, Conservative and such (they work exactly the same way), I must admit that I didnt thought about your suggestion before.

Cheers
Q
Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

The Ladder Map Council forum has been created. :) We're still setting up the specific rooms and all of that, but it's moving along nicely. I do want to restrict the registration a bit, because the idea is not to have this be THE LADDER FORUM, but- If anyone is dying to join, PM me, and we'll talk about it, and I'll probably give you the key. ;) You have to register first, either way. We'd like to get the input of as many top players as possible, when discussing which maps ought or ought not to be in the various sub-packs of the RMP.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
without your noses.
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

There's a job for Rigor! This adriano guy likes to have his ass kicked. :twisted:
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

already taken care of.
tom030890

Post by tom030890 »

Any idea what the problem is with it, or when (if) it will be resolved?
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

information is passed on, now we can only wait.
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

I would love to join the council if I had more time to play ladder.
At the moment I think I don't have enough experience on the new ladder maps :)

Tho I don't have anything to complain about the new maps and ladder overall, keep up the good job guys.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

see? thats the way i like it. :mrgreen: more sweet-talk plz :mrgreen: if u wanna be in, i wouldnt say no.
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

I can join the forums and share my experiences with the maps which I don't have much atm and take part of the discussion.
But I don't want to give any votes because like said I simply haven't played the new maps.

So yeah it would be sweet to share opinions with the good players of the new maps.
But if you don't want some1 joining the forums who hasn't played these new maps but only has general knowledge how to play the game I totally understand :)
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

PICK ME PICK ME! I want to be part of the squad!
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Just to clarify, we aren't adding anyone to "the council" itself, but if anyone is dying to join the superawesomesupersecret clubhouse, send me or Rigor or one of the others a PM, and we'll probably let you in. ;)
without your noses.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

A must-have for any ladder player planning on doing matches on the 1.9x server:

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 73#p485773

:)
without your noses.