Ladder Site Online...

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Paxe

Re: Ladder Site Online...

Post by Paxe »

chains wrote: Another solution would be to use the real wesnoth replay archive so that people can download replays from the Wesnoth server. This removes the need for file management on the ladder server.

YES, this is the solution!

BUT there are some points to be taken into consideration:

Actually there must be a filter that when writting ladder, (L), non ladder, etc. in the title of the game, it is not saved in http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.8/. Administrators should change this. Do not know if this is possible and conditions for this... In ladder web would not be uploaded the replay but the link to get it.

For the rest of replays we could be let to copy them in the replay web manually. Maybe only the most downloaded.

Sincerely

Paxe
Best computer game ever played?...... Wesnoth, The Battle for Wesnoth, of course!
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Paxe wrote: Actually there must be a filter that when writting ladder, (L), non ladder, etc. in the title of the game, it is not saved in http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.8/. Administrators should change this. Do not know if this is possible and conditions for this... In ladder web would not be uploaded the replay but the link to get it.
I'm not sure what you're saying or asking for but replays are just filtered by observers allowed and in each replay the game title is saved under the 'mp_game_title' key.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Paxe

Post by Paxe »

Soliton wrote:
Paxe wrote: Actually there must be a filter that when writting ladder, (L), non ladder, etc. in the title of the game, it is not saved in http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.8/. Administrators should change this. Do not know if this is possible and conditions for this... In ladder web would not be uploaded the replay but the link to get it.
I'm not sure what you're saying or asking for but replays are just filtered by observers allowed and in each replay the game title is saved under the 'mp_game_title' key.
I am not sure about the way but I can tell you that no ladder game can be found at replays web and I can assure that except for one or two players, the rest acept allways observers and play at official wesnoth server.

Sincerely

Paxe
Best computer game ever played?...... Wesnoth, The Battle for Wesnoth, of course!
nani

Post by nani »

@Paxe:
Replays with observers allowed can for sure be found in http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.8/ .
For example this game can be found here.
Though I have to admit it's not always easy to find them.
TBH I don't think wesnoth developers are going to change the way replays are saved just for the ladder,
although saving the actual game title would be a good idea, since it would mostly contain 'ladder'.
Paxe

Post by Paxe »

@nani

So maybe I am not correct with my statement...

I think I have got it!

The problem must be that a non ended game is not saved... Non ended is not killed the leader... So 95% of the ladder games are not saved cause we all say gg before leader kill arrives... This is what is happening. That is the reason why, for example, I can not find diggy vs Vandal 2011-08-29 17:10:36 loyals over Ud on sullas....

Any idea for this matter?

Sincerely

Paxe
nani

Post by nani »

The replay is there actually.
Though this 'official' version is corrupted do to reloading the game at the point this replay starts.
A non-corrupt version would need to be saved (by one of the players) manually after finishing the game.
That's mainly the reason why the replays attached to the ladder game-reports are more often working than the corresponding 'official' version.
schlamarcel

Post by schlamarcel »

i want to report a laddergame, but when i klick on report im not logged in anymore, and there is this message:

"Access denied.

Please log in to use this function. Only members of the ladder can access this page. Become one and compete today!

the ladder is not in any way associated with the official wesnoth forum, it's moderators and/or the developers of Wesnoth.
dupe check / rss / powered by tribal bliss 191 / to-do
contact: themasterofbattle (at) gmail (dot) com / epameinondas (at) hotmail (dot) de
Free Fast Hosting provided by Humhost

2011-09-02 08:00 UTC | 0.00063sec."

but when i click on log in, im logged in automaticly?
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

looks like the entire server is full. no games can be reported right now - this time, it can take longer...or not, lets see.
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

Uh, why was this thread unstickied?
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

It is now linked to in a global announcement of important links as part of a broader sticky cleanup which we've been planning for a while and are finally (very very very slowly) rolling out.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Some talk has begun on this new-ish ladder forum: http://laddercouncil.proboards.com

about a rather ambitious tournament. Anyone interested should register and share their thoughts. ;)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

I didn't posted this here. TS ladder standings:
http://tstandings.orchestra.io/

Cheers
Q
Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

:eng: Just a note for anyone signing up for the Ladder Council forum: (http://laddercouncil.proboards.com) We'll accept anyone (have something like 48 or 49 now...:)), *but,* in an effort to exclude spammers and thugs, we want you to be registered on the ladder, and to have at least played a few matches. Cool? We've had a few accounts attempt to register that I've been puzzling over, so either use your ladder name, or send me, Kolbur, or Rigor a message, explaining things. I'm fine with aliases of course, ;) - just trying to find the right balance between security and convenience.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Could some admin pls ban/punish/whatever the user "elvalido" ? He apparently deleted 2 times my legal victory, and also read the comments I wrote into the game reports pls: http://ladder.subversiva.org/profile.ph ... nymissimus
Also, it would be nice to have some more information or functionality what to do in such cases.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

You could remove jogador too.