The Archive of HODOR

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

donkey_noob_trash1

Re: The Archive of HODOR

Post by donkey_noob_trash1 »

Two awesome replays for you guys. An excellent example of an anti-grunt recruit (Robin Hood HODORism) provided by Rigor.
ALL_POACHERS_.gz
(19.74 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Also, one poacher away from this being young David. Fantastic use of footpads... although I was shocked to see footpads used in such an aggressive manner.
2p_-_Hornshark_Island_Turn_13_(409).gz
(14.22 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
"Oh noes, I'm trapped by corporeal beings!" -Caphriel (in a discussion about ghosts and ZoC)
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

thanks donkey, i appreciate ur support.

i just took a look at the hornshark game.

poor red, he didnt kill important targets and understood too late that the footpad strategy was going to continue.

btw, i didnt know how exactely the rush was going to look like, he just said "now look at my rush" ;)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

it seems to me that the blitzkrieg strategy is often very similar to the HODOR strategy, utilizing speed/good terrain bonuses/numbers to defeat the enemy instead of fighting in lines/fronts. this seems to be similar to guerrilla warfare.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

The blitz idea as donkey expresses it was in fact extended from HODOR. :eng:
donkey_noob_trash1

Caphriel wrote:The blitz idea as donkey expresses it was in fact extended from HODOR. :eng:
More or less, yes. I noticed from watching HODOR (the ladder player) replays that virtually every game he was blitzing, most of the time with shocking results.

On a side, note, recently I have come to realize the awesomeness of the footpad. They are great for blitzing. If you get involved in trench warfare, they kinda stink because of their lack of firepower. But otherwise, they are great units. If they get into an opponent's backfield, they are hard as hell to deal with.
"Oh noes, I'm trapped by corporeal beings!" -Caphriel (in a discussion about ghosts and ZoC)
donkey_noob_trash1

One more team HODOR post for the archives. Me and Xiv pwned some loyalist and undead ass (both leaders killed on turn 10, plus complete destruction of both armies). At the end, one of the guys asks for a rematch, but xiv wanted a break and I wanted to play a game with oesis. To this, the blue player replies: "cowards" :lol2:
Team HODOR xanthe (2).gz
(19.8 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Enjoy!
donkey_noob_trash1

/me resurrects this thread

HODOR!!!!

Young_David_(1).gz
(12.59 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Blessed is he who walks in the way of HODOR...
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

young david, did some christian fanatic decided to pick this name for a footie rush? :lol2:

certainly your davids have had heavenly protection at the last turn before your opponent left,frustrated :D !
donkey_noob_trash1

Save_the_queen was on yesterday at the same time I was, so that basically guaranteed that a team HODOR game would ensue. This was just a complete demolition of the other team. Shock and awe...
Team_HODOR_3-1-10.gz
(21.54 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Hopefully we made HODOR converts out of them. Some day I want to be seen on national TV at a sporting event, holding a poster that says "HODOR 3:16"
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

:D:D:D

gonna take a look at it tomorrow!

gn8 for now
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

very eloquent partner, nice hodoring :D those footies.. :D

actually i find it unfair that one can gain so fast advantage with them against noobs :D
donkey_noob_trash1

Rigor wrote:very eloquent partner, nice hodoring :D those footies.. :D

actually i find it unfair that one can gain so fast advantage with them against noobs :D
Yes, he's a cool dude. I rarely see him on, though, so I have to take advantage of him when he does get on.

Anyways, more HODOR action... this time it was young David and the RNG vs yanchixia in a ladder game. I didn't really set out to build nothing but footpads. It just kinda... happened. Enjoy!
donkey_vs_yanchixia_(1).gz
(12.03 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

rofl this guy was really stoic about the matchup

u forgot about the ulf action btw those adepts were cutting through u like butter :)
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

A quick and classic HODOR (leader kill on turn 8 ) vs Northerners to revive this topic:
Attachments
Sablestone_Hodor.gz
Sablestone HODOR
(15.94 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

one might actually want to believe that this guy owned u most of the time, but just before u think this guy will win the match one move with the leader is enough to seal his own end :) that was a nice game