problem w/ server

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

problem w/ server

Post by Thrawn »

3-4 times tonight the server has disconnected...I'm using 1.1.9. When I try to re-enter, but my old username is still in the lobby. Whats going on?
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
TyrQan

houston, we have a problem

Post by TyrQan »

umm, yep, the server crashes from time to time, but whats worse i cant log into the mp lobby. i tried 1.1.8, 1.1.9 and 1.0.2 too but all it says is
"could not connect to host" I know this might be temporary problem, but i am an old paranoic so maybe i was banned
:shock: , i have certainly insulted a number of people, also including some game developers, but plz dont take my wesnoth. uaaaaaa :wink:
hope the mp server will be back on in no time.
if u cant see the unreal, u cant understand reality coz u dont know the difference
TyrQan

question

Post by TyrQan »

ehm, ehm, but seriously, has been someone ever banned from wesnoth (under the penalty of death) ? :cry:
if u cant see the unreal, u cant understand reality coz u dont know the difference
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

TyrQuan: the MP server has moved see http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12711 for more information. (Chose "Join Game" insteed of "Join official server" and enter the url in the dialog the pops up (gonzo.dicp.de:14999 for dev and gonzo.dicp.de for stable version).
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
TyrQan

Post by TyrQan »

tnx, mate for that most vital information. the times are dire, we must be constantly on the move, if we are about to survive :lol:
suvorov

Post by suvorov »

I just tried to join official server and that didn't work, so I came here read the forum about tryping in the top secret code and just clicking "play game"

Anyways I tried that, but I found the tops secret code already typed in. So I clicked ok and it still timed out on me. It's possible that I am simply a moron. I'm about to try again, typing it in exactly as posted above. If I am missing anything please fill me in.
suvorov

Post by suvorov »

Nevermind- I figured out that you have to change what is already written in the prompt when you first click "play game" to what is written here in the forums.

Thanks!
FleshPeeler
Location: A mystery wrapped in an enigma smothered with a three cheese blend.

Post by FleshPeeler »

I tried connecting to MP server using the steps above and I got the error message "This server requires version 1.1.10 while you are 1.1.7." Why do I require a version that doesn't exist yet? :mrgreen:
What if nobody ever asked "What if?"

FleshPeeler . . . Editting 5 times per every 1 post.
isaac
Inactive Developer

Post by isaac »

The server accepts versions 1.1.8, 1.1.9 and 1.1.10 (not yet released).