[

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Swordy

[

Post by Swordy »

nothing
Last edited by Swordy on August 25th, 2006, 4:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
tsr

Post by tsr »

Ok, I'am testing it right now against AI players, wich as you stated in the readme isn't fun at all :)

But, I found a bug (or maybe this just happens because of my crappy setup): when the third computerplayer got 'voted' out it didn't get stoned, instead Jeff got stoned. Later (after the next voting session) Jeff got unstoned but the third statue is still alive.

[edit]And oh, the Ghoul isn't a very good player in this game (at least not in the challenge I'm in right now: kill 5 blockers in a row, since two of them are immune to poison (considering the placement of the saurian behind the fencer)[/edit]
/tsr
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

tsr wrote:But, I found a bug (or maybe this just happens because of my crappy setup): when the third computerplayer got 'voted' out it didn't get stoned, instead Jeff got stoned. Later (after the next voting session) Jeff got unstoned but the third statue is still alive.
hmm if 1 player doesn't get stoned, it should happen to every other player as well. But it didn't interrupt the game, did it? If anyone sees the same bug, please tell. thanks.
tsr wrote:[edit]And oh, the Ghoul isn't a very good player in this game (at least not in the challenge I'm in right now: kill 5 blockers in a row, since two of them are immune to poison (considering the placement of the saurian behind the fencer)[/edit]
that's why ghoul gets 1000 gold, right? :)
tsr

Post by tsr »

Swordy wrote:
tsr wrote:But, I found a bug (or maybe this just happens because of my crappy setup): when the third computerplayer got 'voted' out it didn't get stoned, instead Jeff got stoned. Later (after the next voting session) Jeff got unstoned but the third statue is still alive.
hmm if 1 player doesn't get stoned, it should happen to every other player as well. But it didn't interrupt the game, did it? If anyone sees the same bug, please tell. thanks.
Come to think of it, I'm not sure if this was what really heppened, maybe I was just confsed by the fact that the unit kept healing... will check later.

Swordy wrote:
tsr wrote:[edit]And oh, the Ghoul isn't a very good player in this game (at least not in the challenge I'm in right now: kill 5 blockers in a row, since two of them are immune to poison (considering the placement of the saurian behind the fencer)[/edit]
that's why ghoul gets 1000 gold, right? :)
Nope, I didn't get 1000 gold - but then again I failed to use the Surivor Era (if that has something o do with it?), the upgrades didn't seem to work either btw.

/tsr

ps. I'am also wondering if this might be a case of copy-right infrigment (sp?) since I know that I think that the survivor format is copy-rightet by some swedish company (and not the bbc as you appear to believe)
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

tsr wrote:Nope, I didn't get 1000 gold - but then again I failed to use the Surivor Era (if that has something o do with it?), the upgrades didn't seem to work either btw.
what era did you use? if it was default, then it was Necrophage... not Ghoul.
tsr wrote: ps. I'am also wondering if this might be a case of copy-right infrigment (sp?) since I know that I think that the survivor format is copy-rightet by some swedish company (and not the bbc as you appear to believe)
i don't think so... it's not another TV show. just a free game. and i don't make any profit from it, plus i tell clearly where i got the idea from.
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

0.7 now on campaigns server.

- Adjusted positions of grand finalists.

- Fixed jury not appearing in Tribal Council.
- Immunity is now given to user_description. Which means, Immunity Challenge winner not getting immunity is fixed. But on the other hand, if you change your unit's name, you may not get immunity even if you won the challenge.
- Minor map fix.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Wow, quite an achievement! 8)

I haven't had the chance yet to play this against human opponents, though I'm looking forward. Not all the challenges seem balanced and a lot have the usual FFA problem, but I guess the theme more than makes up for it! :)

Playing with the AI is annoying because they actually recruit units at start (that's something a player could do, too). Would it be possible to remove the keeps in the start event, just to prevent that from happening? It was especially annoying when in the "last man standing" challenge one of the eliminated AI's was sent to someone else's keep, and kept fighting with the recruit there (both of them being constantly revived, too! Kind of reminded me of those muppet-show spectators :lol:). What an XP-abuse...

I'm just having two ideas:
1. Is it possible to make the challenges appear in a random order?
2. Why not use [terrain_mask] to change to scene, rather than move everyone to a different spot on the already-revealed map? It would be more like a tv show that way...
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

Thanks, Rhuvaen :)

The problem with the recruiting was you didn't use Survivor era ;)

Challenges appear in random order, I don't think so. Every challenge has different number of players. And some challenges are not suitable with more/less players.

[terrain_mask]... I've never used it. But I'll consider it. Thanks :)

0.7.1 is up on campaigns server:
- Improved immunity system. Players can now not get free immunity just by changing names. The bug which prevent anyone from voting when there are 3 players left also should be gone now.
- Swapped Spearman and Mage's positions in 4-players Immunity Challenge.
- Reduced hp of Spearman for later players in 4-players Immunity Challenge, as slight balancing.
Last edited by Swordy on August 8th, 2006, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

In the "arrival to the beach" there are huge unnecessary [delay]s used between the messages, which could for the most part be removed.
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

zookeeper wrote:In the "arrival to the beach" there are huge unnecessary [delay]s used between the messages, which could for the most part be removed.
I use it so that the intro messages will finish together with the theme music, if not, intro is over, but theme music is still on... :/
server

Post by server »

Bug (or maybe it is a feature? :shock:)

The side/player/person/... who won immunity from the "beating up the elf" (3p) challenge can never win in 0.7.1. It is immuned from the jury vote :twisted:. You probably want to clear the $immune_castaway variable sometimes (at the start of Survivor_purg.cfg?).
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

thanks for reporting server... at least the game ended, didn't it? :twisted: i just uploaded 0.8 when i read your message.

0.8.3 is on the campaigns server.

- Hitpoints are reduced 10% each turn in 6-players Immunity Challenge.
- Moving on the fire in Tribal Council won't trigger/cause anything.
- Eliminated units are not stoned (but removed so that side does not need to end turn), except during the tribute session.

- Fixed one finalist immuned from jury's votes.
- Fixed 'jury' vocabulary/grammatical mistakes ¬¬.

- Eliminated units are stoned again and not removed.
- Jury not unstoning bug should be gone.
- Gave ghost 400 gold and Heavy Infantryman 900 gold.

- Fixed "<loser> is the sole survivor!" message.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Swordy wrote:- Fixed 'jury' vocabulary/grammatical mistakes ¬¬.
:P
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

2 games of Survivor were reported crashed today. Different hosts. I asked Nickname to host 2 times (one with shroud and one without) and it didn't crash. Don't know if it was just because there were only 2 of us or because we didn't shop (i don't think so).

I need more reports. If you had a successful or crashed Survivor game (with the latest version), please report here. Please state how many human players were there, etc. Thanks.
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

Hey guys :)

Seems spending lots of time for making this game and trying to make it work was a total waste and a total mistake.

Sorry for making you waste your time too, testing and playing this unstable game.