Elvish Pillager's Crazy Mod.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Elvish Pillager's Crazy Mod.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Basically, you take a normal scenario, and add powerups and the ability to recall dead units. It worked perfectly - no WML bugs at all - the first day it was tested, and balancing problems were quickly exterminated. After many requests to release (albeit that Wesnoth users are wont to request the release of almost anything!) I have cleaned up the files a little and am posting them here.

They don't go on the campaign server because the campaign server is not so great. If I distributed it through the campaign server, then having an older version could screw up PSEUDORANDOM if any of your other files used it. Not good.

To install:

- download and unzip the attached file.
- put the files in the campaigns directory in the archive into the campaigns directory in the userdata.
- put the files in the utils directory in the archive into .../utils/, which is in the same directory as .../campaigns/. If this utils directory does not exist for you, create it.

To apply MRU (the name of the mod, by the way!) to other maps:

- in the map's .cfg file, include Mad_Ressurecting_Units.cfg with the line:
{~utils/Mad_Ressurecting_Units.cfg}
- and add MRU with the line:
{VISIT_MRU_UPON_THIS_MAP 1-37 1-20 mrhwcRgEdYtvfDi 4}
- replace 1-37 with the size of the map in the X dimension
- replace 1-20 with the size of the map in the Y dimension
- replace mrhwcRgEdYtvfDi with the list of terrains which you wish powerups to appear on (usually everything but cavewall)
- replace 4 with the number of players on the map.
Attachments
MRU_files.zip
(13.1 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Last edited by Elvish_Pillager on May 23rd, 2006, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
JW

Post by JW »

Everyone: this mod is totally pimp. It makes a great game to fight an overwhelmingly richer compter opponent, but it's also cool in regular play as well.

Speaking of which, EP, I ended up winning that 2v2 100g v 1000g game. XD (I'll spare you the replay)
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Speaking of which, EP, I ended up winning that 2v2 100g v 1000g game. XD (I'll spare you the replay)
Wait, what?.

Is that the game when i woke up my family at 05:00 and had to make a capitulation for peace?.

What was it, RNG love?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
JW

Post by JW »

Your instructions don't work. There is no utils in userdata. The maps also don't show up on my MP list to pick.
Elvish_Pillager

there's no .../data/utils? Sheesh, there's one for me! I'll update the instructions. EDIT: Done this thing. I hope it works for you now. :(
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
JW

Post by JW »

I have a utils.cfg in the data folder, but no utils folder. Should this be in uderdata folder or data? Using Windows if that makes a difference. (I know it makes everything reeeeal slow :evil: )
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Re: Elvish Pillager's Crazy Mod.

Post by Noyga »

Elvish Pillager wrote:They don't go on the campaign server because the campaign server is not so great. If I distributed it through the campaign server, then having an older version could screw up PSEUDORANDOM if any of your other files used it. Not good..
In order to avoid collisions, you might try to avoid this problem on v1.1.2+ using #undef to redefine the macros that might cause problem, something like this :

Code: Select all

#undef PSEUDORANDOM
#define PSEUDORANDOM X
... Your code ...
#enddef
Elvish_Pillager

JW wrote:I have a utils.cfg in the data folder, but no utils folder. Should this be in uderdata folder or data? Using Windows if that makes a difference. (I know it makes everything reeeeal slow :evil: )
*sigh*

The files go in .../data/campaigns, and .../data/utils, both in the userdata location. If you do not have a utils directory, you must create one for this purpose. (well, you could also muck around with the WML that includes the files...)
Elvish_Pillager

I've rearranged the files. You can now download the mod from the campaign server, and also, it should load somewhat faster.
Elvish_Pillager

I've uploaded a new version to the campaign server. It should load much faster, and probably play faster as well.
Free

Post by Free »

:D Elvish Pillager, this is a great mod! Just make sure you don't play with Age of Heroes and definitely not Superheroes, otherwise you can be assured that the game will not end.
Elvish_Pillager

Heh heh.

Actually, I think gold per village matters a lot more than what era you use - units' attacks get powerful much faster than their hitpoints go up, so it mainly depends on how fast you can recall things, if the game lasts too long.

I will make some more hitpoint upgrades for the mod. I so want that armor image!
toms

Post by toms »

Thank you. This is fun and not slow on my computer. But there are real many power-ups. IMO you should reduce them a little.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Elvish_Pillager

It really depends what map you're playing on and how much gold you start with. (The number of powerups appearing is proportional to the number of hexes, but not to the number of units to pick them up.)
Elvish_Pillager

Uploaded a new version. Now, leaders can't move but have +250 HP.