2P,4P,6P Multiplayer Invasion maps

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

B_real_shadows

2P,4P,6P Multiplayer Invasion maps

Post by B_real_shadows »

Anyone know where to get these at? I recently had them after installing some map packs about a month or 2 ago and just yesterday I installed Noyga's and Roze's map packs again and those 3 maps dissappeared on me.

Not a whole lot of people seem to know about these either since when I played with somepeople on the server they we're lost at first as to how the map works. The maps were basically a random generater for maps that 2-6 players could play and had 2 or 3 invaders on it which randomly spawned anywhere on the map. Anyone know what happened to them or how to get them back?
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

They are still in my pack (Noyga's map), but disabled because they were very CPU intensive while building the cache (this happen every time you install some pack, and it takes more than 5 mins on my box...).
Just rename in ~/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Pack_Noyga/scenarios/ (under Linux, I don't remember where it is under Windows and MacOS X) random_invasion.cfg- to random_invasion.cfg
B_real_shadows

Post by B_real_shadows »

Found it. its in whereever you installed wesnoth/userdata/data/campaigns/pack_noyga/scenarios/ and just rename the file as you specified. Thanx.

Alright, I renamed the file, but its not showing up in the list of maps still. Any other ideas?