Defense of the Marshal (MP Scenario) [Version: 1.2.2]

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Post by JW »

I thought he meant it turned them into the current creep, aka Goblin Spearman, Mudcrawler, Vampire Bat, etc.
alchemist

DoTM broken in 1.1.5

Post by alchemist »

DoTM is broken in 1.1.5... creeps only appear visible to 1st player, all other players do not see them (creeps are invisible).

Any ideas???
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I suspect every player has to have downloaded DotM for it to work.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

You misunderstand, I think. Even when all players have the DoTM map and era properly installed it does not work. Creeps remain invisible to all but 1st player.
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

:(

i have no idea why such problem would occur... :roll:
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

I and others really miss this map... is there any way I can help in the debugging of this problem? Maybe provide some errors or failure cases or logs?
Jew unit

Post by Jew unit »

alchemist wrote:I and others really miss this map... is there any way I can help in the debugging of this problem? Maybe provide some errors or failure cases or logs?
I too really miss this and Am more then willing to help if there is a way i can to fix this
2^x-1 mod x
Free

Post by Free »

Would the problem be fixed if someone had an older copy of DOTM?
Para

Post by Para »

I too would like to see a fix...
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

Thanks guys :)
You've already helped me by finding this bug. But to help me fix the bug, you must know WML and its engine well. If you do, I'd appreciate your help very much!

I don't think older version would work either.

So Wesnoth 1.1.7 is out... we shall see if the problem will still occur in the new version. If it does, I'm gonna seek help from sapientx or Tomsik.
Para

Post by Para »

DOTM is still having issues in 1.17.

Same bugs as before with creeps not appearing to non host players and OoS errors related to this.
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

Para wrote:DOTM is still having issues in 1.17.

Same bugs as before with creeps not appearing to non host players and OoS errors related to this.
yup, thanks. I've reported this as a bug at GNA (bug #6277).
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

This one is next on my list after fixing sounds playing in quick replays. I am not completely sure about it but i doubt if you can fix this bug with WML. It looks like there have been some changes to the processing of events inside the code. I will let you know if i find anything.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Swordy

Post by Swordy »

Yogi Bear wrote:This one is next on my list after fixing sounds playing in quick replays. I am not completely sure about it but i doubt if you can fix this bug with WML. It looks like there have been some changes to the processing of events inside the code. I will let you know if i find anything.
thanks a lot! :)
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

OK, i found it, it is a code problem: Side turns are not fired if it the side is set to AI. I wonder why that hasn't been discovered earlier since it should break some campaigns as well.

Anyway, i fixed it, it works and i will commit it soon to SVN (maybe tonight).

For all those unhappy windows users who don't know how to compile themselves: If there is going to be a substantial amount of time until the next release, i might be heavily tempted to upload a windows binary (only wesnoth.exe, not the whole rest) to sourceforge that puts you back in business again.

I will think of the definition of "substantial" later, after i checked on the release schedule 8) .
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!