World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

PapaSmurfReloaded

Re: World Conquest II

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded » October 16th, 2018, 4:54 am

gfgtdf wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 3:08 pm
PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 11:59 am
I am experiencing the same issue, around scenario 4, when loading the next map the games gets stuck.
Weel the bug mentioned abouve shoudl be fixerd, are you sure you (or rather: th host of the mp game) are using the latest version (0.7.10.2) ?
Positive. :hmm:
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!

gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf » October 16th, 2018, 7:04 am

hmm ok then I'd be useful to have more information. This issue, at which scenario exactly does it happen? Maybe you have a savefile?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.

ghype

Post by ghype » October 16th, 2018, 10:10 am

So I must have played around 7 or 8 new games with the latest update and must say that I have not encountered such a bug
post sprites & stuff every day: ghype's Daily Art
destroying enemy castle here: Orcish Castle - Destroyed - work in progress

donkihote

Post by donkihote » November 3rd, 2018, 6:18 pm

Hello.
Id like to write about ur training ad-don. Its a cool idea, and thanks for it.

But for me it seems kinda useless in sp campaigns. There are campaigns what start with a lot of unit for example. Or for those who play my stile (no random, no unit lost, recall and train up an elite army, what is a hard task), after some scenario training lvls become useless when actually i just start have a good amount of them. So i was thinking about it, after some not too good idea figured out -in my opinion- a good one. It should be only an option (what players can chose in the beginning) that the lvling units roll for train. Obviously its not a 100% worked out idea. The percents would need some modifications in this case and/or other changes in the system, the already got trainings like less xp could not be gained again (also i dont really think that is good already smart units get a train even less xp). I cant programming, so no clue how hard, or how many time it would be, but i think it could be nice.
Best wishes:
Donkey

gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf » November 3rd, 2018, 7:10 pm

@donkihote
donkihote wrote:
November 3rd, 2018, 6:18 pm
Hello.
Id like to write about ur training ad-don. Its a cool idea, and thanks for it.
I assume you are talking about 'campaign_drop mod' that adds worldconquest2 features to sp campaigns?
donkihote wrote:
But for me it seems kinda useless in sp campaigns. There are campaigns what start with a lot of unit for example. Or for those who play my stile (no random, no unit lost, recall and train up an elite army, what is a hard task), after some scenario training lvls become useless when actually i just start have a good amount of them.

Even when you play sp campaigns with an only-verteran playstyle you later can usually still choose to pick items instead of training (just pick those points that contain items and leave those that contain training, you can rightlcik on a point to check what they contain, you can usually pick at most one bonuspoint per scenario anyways). If you think more bonus points shodul contain items you can enable the 'cdm options' mod that gives you more options liek controlling the chance of a bonus point to contain itemsor traing etc.
donkihote wrote:
So i was thinking about it, after some not too good idea figured out -in my opinion- a good one. It should be only an option (what players can chose in the beginning) that the lvling units roll for train. Obviously its not a 100% worked out idea. The percents would need some modifications in this case and/or other changes in the system, the already got trainings like less xp could not be gained again (also i dont really think that is good already smart units get a train even less xp). I cant programming, so no clue how hard, or how many time it would be, but i think it could be nice.
Best wishes:
Donkey
So if in understood your correctly you want that unit will reroll (remove old training and generate new ones) their trainings when they advance? I currently don't think this can be easily done, one the one hand i think its often rather a disadvantage for player since they ususually try to choose to level their units with the best training, so rerolling training for them woudl likeley give tem worse training, and second it just doesn't make so much sense for units to loose their training.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.